TextMate bundle, auto-complete and tooltips.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
VideroBoy
Party member

Re: TextMate bundle, auto-complete and tooltips.

Post by VideroBoy »

I can't figure out how to download this. I click on the "LÖVE.tmbundle/" link in the source tree table, but I get a bad request error.

Do I really have to use Git to get this? :brows:

Also, the Löve app has to be in the same folder as your code for the Run and Build commands to work, right?
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

VideroBoy wrote:I can't figure out how to download this. I click on the "LÖVE.tmbundle/" link in the source tree table, but I get a bad request error.

Do I really have to use Git to get this? :brows:

Also, the Löve app has to be in the same folder as your code for the Run and Build commands to work, right?
Click on the "Download Source" button on the top-right of the github page. :)
meegee
Prole

Post by meegee »

Cool! Can you share the script you used to generate completion.rb? I want to make something similar for emacs.
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Can you share the script you used to generate completion.rb?
The script I used was called "tediously_typing_everything_out_by_hand".
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

fraise-lua.png
fraise-lua.png (213.92 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Mac users may consider Fraise as an option since it have syntax for LUA. Fraise is an updated fork of faithful Smultron. It don't have auto-complete (for LUA) and other stuff like Textmate but it's free and awesome lightweight and NATIVE COCOA. I do my LOVE work there.
http://www.fraiseapp.com/
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Looks nice, but I could never leave TextMate.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

It does look nice. I'll give it a good try. I've become too attached to TextWrangler though. If this can't do one thing I am used to in TW, I'd find myself going back.

Edit: Like not listing my functions. What the heck? It's LUA, it knows what a function is. But won't list them in the Functions menus. Well, back to TW I go. Stupidest oversight ever!
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

Jasoco wrote:I've become too attached to TextWrangler though. If this can't do one thing I am used to in TW, I'd find myself going back.
It's seems like usual attachment for Mac users to Textmate. I not really attached to any. One year ago experienced all and tested wich one was more suitable for something. Even in Windows I used 4 or 5 just to use what wich one better could offer. Well, Textwrangler didn't "won" the html/css badge and for usual text/all-round editor I considered it a bit geek fat (and lacking normal text features like spelling/correction as Fraise does). So I don't use but it's a nice free editor thought (and ugglier!).
Jasoco wrote:Edit: Like not listing my functions. What the heck? It's LUA, it knows what a function is. But won't list them in the Functions menus. Well, back to TW I go. Stupidest oversight ever!
Sorry for desapointing you, as I never really needed or used that feature in LOVE editing I never notice that bug (I think should be an incomplete lua support since it works with html/css and other coding). Matter of fact I think that feature is a bit too hidden to be used here. At least should have a proper space like this proposoal in Fraise website.
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

I've tried many text editors in mac and windows and i've alway gone back to textmate.
Except for html and css, I use Coda for that. And screenplays I use Celtx... And essays I use Pages...
But for all things coding TextMate is the way to go :cool:
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

ljdp wrote:I've tried many text editors in mac and windows and i've alway gone back to textmate.
Except for html and css, I use Coda for that. And screenplays I use Celtx... And essays I use Pages...
But for all things coding TextMate is the way to go :cool:
Expresso and then Coda for web editing. TextMate failed for web editing since Zen Coding support is strange/incomplete there. For all-round and text editing the Fraise/Smultron it's enough for me. If I need rich-text editing I have OpenOffice. That are my choices for now.

Thx for refering Celtx. Could be nice for mockups.