OUYA

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Davidobot
Party member

Re: OUYA

Post by Davidobot »

So this means we can take löve to the next step: consoles! :awesome:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Davidobot wrote:So this means we can take löve to the next step: consoles! :awesome:
YESSSSS
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

baconhawka7x wrote:
Davidobot wrote:So this means we can take löve to the next step: consoles! :awesome:
YESSSSS
Plus, we can stop worrying about how our game will be incompatable with some systems, since it is one console. And I heard that the store has a very low entry requirement.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

In a hypothetical world where there's a full fledged version of 0.9.0 on the OUYA would be a hypothetical world where I buy an OUYA.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

You no like OUYA, Jasoco?! Y U NO LIKE OUYA?! Lol, but seriously: What do you not like about it? It's $99, a full games console running a version of Android!

Also, we need an NVIDEA Shield port of LÖVE. A LÖVE-Shield! :D
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Eamonn wrote:You no like OUYA, Jasoco?! Y U NO LIKE OUYA?! Lol, but seriously: What do you not like about it? It's $99, a full games console running a version of Android!

Also, we need an NVIDEA Shield port of LÖVE. A LÖVE-Shield! :D
I might but myself a OUYA after I get back from vacation. And LÖVE-Shield is a cool idea! Wait, doesn't the Nvidea Shield run normal .exes?
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

That brings me to something I wanted to bring up: LÖVE should have keyboard support, touchscreen support, web support, etc built in, and then we wouldn't need forks for the web version(though LÖVELINESS works really well, I must say(props to the developer on that(I'd have no idea where to begin making something like that :P ))), the Android version, etc.

Does the shield run EXE's? If it does, that's first of all AWESOME! But you'd need some porting. LÖVE supports joysticks I think, but I'm not so sure that'd be enough. Then, we could have the hit title: "Mr. BallGuy-Shield Edition!"(I'm actually working on MBG, and an MBG web/Android port. Kind of pointless because it's such a "meh" game, but I'm working on the original and I hope to add some more functionality for V2(but don't worry: It'll not be out for a while!(I'll be free, obviously(just in case you were wondering(and also, the code for MBG-LÖVE will be cleaned up))))). I also want to re-do MBG2, so if a mod want's to take down the MBG2 thread, I'd appreciate that :P It sucked so bad :O

Just remember: If the Shield idea makes millions, I want a cut :awesome:

Seriously though, I think a shield port at some point would be good. The OUYA and the Shield are too young, I'd give them a year or so to mature a little, and get a lot of the bugs fixed. The OUYA is meant to be quite buggy at times, and very slow. The Shield, however, seems to be quite good. I'd love to buy both of them, but I'm saving up for an iMac. Yes, a games developer with a Mac, probably not the best combo, but I'm on my Mac right now :P Anyway, Once I get that I'm going to buy the OUYA and the Shield... which will probably be this time next year, by the time I can afford it :O Since I'm kind of off topic now anyway: Has anyone rooted an S2 and put Cyanagen Mod on it? If so, does it work well? I'm rooting my phone in about a week, and I can't decide between AOPK and CM10(yes, I could put both on, but I wanna get one and try it out, then get another, see what one I prefer and uninstall the one I don't like).

While we're at it, we need a Ubuntu Touch LÖVE for the Ubuntu Edge! Man that's a sexy phone :megagrin:
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Ports, ports, ports.
Yes, we have infinite time!
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Good point. Guess if you wanted OUYA support, you'd have to implement that yourself.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Eammon wrote:but I'm saving up for an iMac. Yes, a games developer with a Mac, probably not the best combo, but I'm on my Mac right now :P
why do you want a mac? apple puts bug in their software so it breaks faster and it costs alot of money! if i was you then i would make a PC myself or get some one to make one ^^