Madcrawl (alpha build) - "Traditional" Roguelike

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
SuskyTheCorgi
Prole

Re: Madcrawl (alpha build) - "Traditional" Roguelike

Post by SuskyTheCorgi »

I got an error, but the artwork and design is AWESOME! It is a little hard to understand what is going on. I know this is an alpha build mainly for testing, but if you're going to release it, then I think it should have instructions and make the more important text easier to see.
togFox
Party member

Re: Madcrawl (alpha build) - "Traditional" Roguelike

Post by togFox »

- your title has "unicorn blood sacrfice" (not mad crawl)
- instructions on first screen is v helpful
- messages appear at the top AND the bottom. V confusing. Suggest you drop the one at the bottom and just fill the log at the top.
- graphics is awesome
- the 'confused' effect where keys become random is a great mechanic
- I can see friends and enemies through walls when I 'display' tags. Intentional?
- equipping things is a bit unintuitive. I got it after clicking around a bit.
- suggest the heart beat is turned off when health is 100%
- using a wand of flames requires no less than four mouse clicks. At least the 2nd click can be removed.
- i realised there was no line of sight with the wand until after I'd committed to an attack. I couldn't see a way to cancel the attack. (suggest right-click to cancel wand).
- I got stuck on some stairs and had to quit the game. That sames stairs worked on at least 3 previous occasions (I went up/down a few times) but then got stuck the 4th time. Screen shot for what it's worth.

I think the game is really engaging. Much more improved once I realised I had to follow my party. I even stopped my other background game to focus on this one. :) I wanted to explore more and see what else I can pick up and whack something on the head with my club. :)

I played the exe version (not that that matters).
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (287.97 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season