MATH FUN for my kids remake...

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
TwinGears
Prole

MATH FUN for my kids remake...

Post by TwinGears »

I have tried to get back to re-doing my old python program that was a cool coloured terminal math testing, helping, teaching program!
My Love2D version only does the equations of addition and subtraction so far, no score or anything much...
* It does have the expanding and contracting equation due to 3 correct or 1 incorrect just like my old python code - i like it like that...
* use the keyboard to answer the questions works.
* don't pay attention to the headers comments, i was working on a multi menu thing that worked to a point of frustration etc time ago, and all has been deleted except the TRUST information which is to be GPLed anyways being a old linux dude myself...

** Biggest ISSUE within the program is the crazy number of repeats if one uses the calculator styled graphical numbers, if someone has any ideas i sure would love to hear them.
Attachments
Math-A.1.44.9-cleanedup.love
(4.41 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
TwinGears
Prole

Re: MATH FUN for my kids remake...

Post by TwinGears »

Sorry the other version wasn't a great default size, now at 1024x768. Font size Large = 48, Small = 32
Still have a ghosted image when answerBox is moused over and goes green - old answer(s) can been seen...

* So to help with the confusion as i know most people never considers how to do multi-rows of numbers for minus, the idea of the original program was that it taught a game i had in the back of my head as a kid. I called it "I say, you say" game when i first showed my children. So since we are talking base 10 numbers, i say 3 you say 7; i say 8, you say 2; 9-1...

I just made a video and put it up on Archive.org, hope this clears up the confusion about why one would want such large subtraction questions and how to do them with addition in our heads.
;) take care and thanks for the help in advance
https://archive.org/details/subtraction-with-addition
Attachments
Math-A.1.44.10-cleanedup.love
(4.4 MiB) Downloaded 23 times