(Suika) Watermelon Game 3D

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Xella
Prole

(Suika) Watermelon Game 3D

Post by Xella »

Hey everyone! This is my first post here, hopefully I'm doing it right.
I've made a 3d version of the Suika Game originally for ComputerCraft using my Pine3D graphics. I've recently ported it to Löve2d for people to play outside of CC!

It's available for free on Itch:
https://xella.itch.io/watermelon-game-3d

My current record is 430, but the current world record seems to be 436 :)
Some media to show what the game looks like:

Hey, I'm Xella! I do a lot of webdev, 3d graphics in Lua and play with other random stuff I like :)
Bobble68
Party member

Re: (Suika) Watermelon Game 3D

Post by Bobble68 »

Really nice! I quite like this simple polygon style - though my one piece of feedback is that the UI could do with a little polish, but other than that this is good!
Dragon
Xella
Prole

Re: (Suika) Watermelon Game 3D

Post by Xella »

Bobble68 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:38 pm Really nice! I quite like this simple polygon style - though my one piece of feedback is that the UI could do with a little polish, but other than that this is good!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it :D
I can see where the feedback comes from, and generally I would agree, but I'm not quite sure how. I don't think it is worth the effort to improve it, since I also kind of like that it stays somewhat true to the original ComputerCraft variant in this case as seen below:

Hey, I'm Xella! I do a lot of webdev, 3d graphics in Lua and play with other random stuff I like :)