Dima Pulsar -II-

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Rigachupe
Citizen

Re: Dima Pulsar -II-

Post by Rigachupe »

UnixRoot wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:43 pm On his website, he has also made a lot of effort.

Neither the "SUCCEED" picture, nor the picture with the book in the background or the picture of the quasar are made by him.

Pretty brazen to beg for donations when EVERYTHING is just stolen
1 does not equal EVERYTHING you are WRONG and you should feel ASHAMED.
Rigachupe
Citizen

Post by Rigachupe »

Sodium wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:26 pm I have played this game before while messing around with Amulet!
Are you, by any chance, Ian MacLarty, the creator of Defenders of the Weeping Quasar? Otherwise you should specify the real creator of the game.
zoAlpRARVQ.png
Congratulations. You found it! That engine has a nice 3D features too.
Rigachupe
Citizen

Post by Rigachupe »

BrotSagtMist wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:03 pm Yes what the heck, this is not even Löve.
The source can be found here http://www.amulet.xyz/editor.html
What are you playing with us?
Can this be made in löve? Maybe like a remake... i dunno? With more ships, two bosses. More levels... ugh?
Rigachupe
Citizen

Post by Rigachupe »

Bobble68 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
BrotSagtMist wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:03 pm Yes what the heck, this is not even Löve.
The source can be found here http://www.amulet.xyz/editor.html
What are you playing with us?
(Link doesn't work)

Also you mind explaining why you're accepting donations for this?

Screenshot.png
https://sylfir.itch.io/

Edit:

I decided to dig a little bit, and what I found is... slightly worrying.
I found an archive on the wayback machine of the same page, which shows a completely different format, which has nine interactive fiction games, all of which are now missing.

Screenshot 2.png

The account also seems to have comments from this years jam, but the game they're talking about is definately not this one.

Screenshot 3.png

I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but something seems off to me.
I make games. Yes. Various types of games. Yes. I try to sell them for some profit. Not good times. I sold something. Yes little. So old games i remove. What are you trying to do here? Get all my work on your disk for some twinkling? Not anymore.
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

Rigachupe wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:11 am I make games. Yes. Various types of games. Yes. I try to sell them for some profit. Not good times. I sold something. Yes little. So old games i remove. What are you trying to do here? Get all my work on your disk for some twinkling? Not anymore.
What the f?
Can this be made in löve? Maybe like a remake... i dunno? With more ships, two bosses. More levels... ugh?
What the f? You specifically mentioned in (now removed) game page that this is love2d game and posted this in love2d forums.
1 does not equal EVERYTHING you are WRONG and you should feel ASHAMED.
:|

You didn't make any assets here by yourself and I don't think you even mentioned where they come from.
You asking people to donate for this.

It seems that you just stole/rip off other games and then trying to sell/make people to donate for this games.
I wouldn't be surprised, if other games that you posted here also was stolen from somewhere else.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

I still have no idea what exactly is going on here, but at this point you kinda nuked booth of your accounts.
This is fraud.
If you ever took any of the donation money there is now a legal claim to sue it back.
obey
marclurr
Party member

Post by marclurr »

Rigachupe wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:05 am
Sodium wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:26 pm I have played this game before while messing around with Amulet!
Are you, by any chance, Ian MacLarty, the creator of Defenders of the Weeping Quasar? Otherwise you should specify the real creator of the game.
zoAlpRARVQ.png
Congratulations. You found it! That engine has a nice 3D features too.
Are you saying "congratulations you found the engine I was trying to promote" or "congratulations, you caught me red-handed. I thought no-one would find the original"?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I reported the itch.io page; it's likely that the itch.io maintainers agreed that it is a plagiarism, as the page is gone now.

Edit: By the way, ironically appropriate avatar.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

obey
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

Rigachupe wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:03 am 1 does not equal EVERYTHING you are WRONG and you should feel ASHAMED.
Sure, one does not.

But taking one's code, changing name of the game + author (and possibly adding some "borrowed" sound effects) is pretty much called stealing. Open source licenses do not allow for that either (assuming that game was published as such). Moreover, this is LÖVE forum, so we assumed you made it in it, which was another "misunderstanding".

You had your chance to explain, instead you decided to shoot the messenger.