Ines in: Not enough time - yet another point & click adventure

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
apicici
Prole

Ines in: Not enough time - yet another point & click adventure

Post by apicici »

Hello everyone, I just released my team's new game:
https://apicici.itch.io/ines-in-not-enough-time
"Not enough time" is a short pixel-art point & click adventure. It is a sequel to Uncle Lee strikes again and Upon a Möbius strip, but it can be enjoyed as a standalone game as well. Our improved recipe features 500% more characters than the previous games!

You play as Ines, a 15-year-old girl who's on her way to Lake Fenfef for a relaxing trip with her uncle. Things, however, are never that easy when uncle Lee is involved, and she ends up stranded in time with nothing but a broken reality-fixing device™.
cover.gif
cover.gif (1.05 MiB) Viewed 256149 times
It's a sequel to our previous games Uncle Lee strikes again and Upon a Möbius strip.

Screenshots are attached.
Attachments
screenshots6.png
screenshots6.png (23.59 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
screenshots5.png
screenshots5.png (21.52 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
screenshots4.png
screenshots4.png (20.08 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
screenshots3.png
screenshots3.png (20.21 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
screenshots2.png
screenshots2.png (19.81 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
screenshots1.png
screenshots1.png (23.8 KiB) Viewed 256149 times
Pinko
Prole

Re: Ines in: Not enough time - yet another point & click adventure

Post by Pinko »

My time fixing device is probably defective. When i try to load the game, it stuck at "preparing (1/2)" then i was caught in a time loop and left this page.
Pinko
Author of the vape knigge. I have thought of you! is much better than "i have waited for you". :cool:
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

Pinko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:56 pm My time fixing device is probably defective. When i try to load the game, it stuck at "preparing (1/2)" then i was caught in a time loop and left this page.
Pinko
Are you by any chance trying to run the browser version in a private tab? I noticed that love.js seems to get stuck at 1/2 when loading in incognito mode. If that doesn't help you cal always try the desktop version :)
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

Hello,

Thanks for this new game (I played the older one with Ines). Do you use some new engine you created for your adventure games?
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

dusoft wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:11 pm Hello,

Thanks for this new game (I played the older one with Ines). Do you use some new engine you created for your adventure games?
Yes, I built an adventure game engine on top of LÖVE. I originally wanted to share the whole thing as a library, but the thing I like the most about LÖVE is the freedom to do things the way you want, and my engine is tailored to my preferences and would defeat the purpose. So instead I think I will release a few libraries that just do some of the important things (like pathfinding, which I already released, and the library to deal with script threads).
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

apicici wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:33 pm
dusoft wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:11 pm Hello,

Yes, I built an adventure game engine on top of LÖVE. I originally wanted to share the whole thing as a library, but the thing I like the most about LÖVE is the freedom to do things the way you want, and my engine is tailored to my preferences and would defeat the purpose. So instead I think I will release a few libraries that just do some of the important things (like pathfinding, which I already released, and the library to deal with script threads).
I asked because I would be interested :-). Of course I respect if you don't want to open source it all.
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

dusoft wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:04 pm I asked because I would be interested :-). Of course I respect if you don't want to open source it all.
Technically the source is readable by looking in the .love file (although I wouldn't recommend it because: 1. the lua files are transpiled from moonscript; 2. I worked on the games during various game jams so the code is not exactly well organised :?)
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

The FMOD requirement is a showstopper for me. I managed to remove it in the previous Ines game and play it without sound (very nice, it was worth the effort); I'll try to do the same with this one.

Any chance you could publish a version that doesn't require FMOD but just a pure Lua .love file? Even if it's without sound (to save that effort from me).
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

pgimeno wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:46 am The FMOD requirement is a showstopper for me. I managed to remove it in the previous Ines game and play it without sound (very nice, it was worth the effort); I'll try to do the same with this one.

Any chance you could publish a version that doesn't require FMOD but just a pure Lua .love file? Even if it's without sound (to save that effort from me).
Sure, I'll look into it—I probably just need to redefine the audio functions to do nothing if the fmod shared libraries are not found. Out of curiosity, is the problem that you are trying to play it on a system that I didn't make a release for?
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

apicici wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:05 pm Sure, I'll look into it—I probably just need to redefine the audio functions to do nothing if the fmod shared libraries are not found. Out of curiosity, is the problem that you are trying to play it on a system that I didn't make a release for?
Here it is!
Attachments
Not enough time.love
(466.21 KiB) Downloaded 92 times