This forum needs more moderators

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Pinko
Prole

This forum needs more moderators

Post by Pinko »

Hi,i am new to this forum and i get the feeling, that this forum is lacking manpower in form of moderators. :vamp:

Who wants to do this job? Let the admins know, that you want to help here.

Greetings
Pinko :|
Author of the vape knigge. I have thought of you! is much better than "i have waited for you". :cool:
Bobble68
Party member

Re: This forum needs more moderators

Post by Bobble68 »

This site has moderators, why do they need more?
Dragon
marclurr
Party member

Post by marclurr »

Seems fine as it is to me. Unless the moderators or admin themselves say otherwise I'd assume they're satisfied with how things are.
Pinko
Prole

Post by Pinko »

Bobble68 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:50 am This site has moderators, why do they need more?
I made my first post in this forum several days ago, which had to be approved by any moderator to appear in this forum. viewtopic.php?p=255947#p255947

Either more moderators, or this "need to approve new posts" has to go.
Today it was approved. Thank you!

Pinko
Author of the vape knigge. I have thought of you! is much better than "i have waited for you". :cool:
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

Ok, spamGPT, now your posts can be approved by forum moderators.
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

This may be a bit badly formulated but i get the point.
Took me a day to even register my account, the forum straight ignored my email and no staff ever answered to support requests, finding an email address that works here was a journey, aaaaand its actually a single use trash email now.
obey
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Pinko wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:44 am I made my first post in this forum several days ago, which had to be approved by any moderator to appear in this forum. viewtopic.php?p=255947#p255947

Either more moderators, or this "need to approve new posts" has to go.
Today it was approved. Thank you!

Pinko
When a to-be-approved post (like your other one you linked there) looks like it could have a chance of being spam despite not having spam links, I often let it sit for a few days because if it did come from a spam bot they tend to edit the post afterward to include spam links in that case.

Most new posts from legit users generally get approved within a few hours.

You definitely would not like what would happen if we removed the approval step. :)
BrotSagtMist wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:27 am This may be a bit badly formulated but i get the point.
Took me a day to even register my account, the forum straight ignored my email and no staff ever answered to support requests, finding an email address that works here was a journey, aaaaand its actually a single use trash email now.
Moderators don't have any insight into that, only the website administrator (thelinx) does.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

This was just a "i get it" example.
obey
Pinko
Prole

Post by Pinko »

slime wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:57 am
When a to-be-approved post (like your other one you linked there) looks like it could have a chance of being spam despite not having spam links, I often let it sit for a few days because if it did come from a spam bot they tend to edit the post afterward to include spam links in that case.

Most new posts from legit users generally get approved within a few hours.

You definitely would not like what would happen if we removed the approval step. :)
Oh, my I did not know, nor expect spam in this forum, because i too had difficulties to even register. The question was really hard for me.

I have felt ignored for a few days and asked myself if this is possible. I am not even worthy a little click from a moderator, or there is no one from the staff. Maybe this forum is already dead, were my thoughts.

I am a middle aged guy from germany, who really likes to write his own little program.

Pinko
Pinko
Prole

Post by Pinko »

By the way, you are able to restrict the right to edit to 4 hours, if you want. maybe it can be restricted differently for different user groups. New users have less rights. An Admin can change the setting and btw can change the avatar dimentions to 200px wide and 150px high. Thank you!

Pinko