[FINISHED] Wake Up Call

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Santos
Party member

Re: [Beta] Wake up call

Post by Santos »

This is so cool. :awesome:

I really liked the "cubist" part too. The first time I played that part I had no idea what to do, and the figuring-out-what-to-do was super fun (the second time I played it I managed to solve both of them quickly moving the mouse randomly, perhaps I was more tentative the first time, or maybe it was just luck the second time.)

I also really liked the red lines part on the ladder, and the transitions between everything are really nice.

Did you consider using love.mouse.setGrab on the maze parts? I'm not necessarily suggesting it, just mentioning it in case it hadn't been brought to your attention. :D

Congrats on the game, and thanks for the really cool experience of playing it!
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

Nsmurf: I know that it locks up on some Win7 computers occasionally. I think now that it may be a problem with the sound (which would explain why it locks up in the menu in your case, because that's where the sound starts). There was a similar issue that used to cause a lock-up on Ubuntu, a problem in the LÖVE source code that we have solved already. Can you please try to run this version, where I've tried to solve this? Does sound work?

Santos, thanks! Yeah, sometimes you can do the cubist part really quick by chance. Thanks for the mouse.setGrab! I indeed didn't know that you can do that. I think I may enable that in the mazes, I'll think about that. Glad you liked the game!
Nsmurf
Party member

Post by Nsmurf »

I get the error:

The procedure entry point ilTexImage could not be located in the dynamic link library DevIL.dll.
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

I'm sorry, that's my bad. This should run OK:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59488139/WakeU ... Win%5D.rar
Nsmurf
Party member

Post by Nsmurf »

I hear the noise now, but it still crashes :o
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

Thanks. In that case, I don't know :| I'm sorry.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

looks good if you like these typs of games i dont
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

Wake Up Call headed this weekend's IndieGames' The Day After #ScreenshotSaturday!
MZ|One
Citizen

Re: [FINISHED] Wake Up Call

Post by MZ|One »

FINISHED!
The game is finished now! You can download the released version in the OP, or here as well:

[Download Windows distribution]
[Download .love]

(The Windows version has a bug in the LOVE client corrected and it runs in a sexy borderless window, so, you know - recommended.)

I would like to really thank everyone here who has helped me during the development. It really helped me a great deal to hear your feedback - both in the terms of good advice and criticism, and in hearing the positive feedback that assured me the game was going in a right direction. Thanks!

Also, I have a website up, check it out:
http://www.mz1net.com
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: [FINISHED] Wake Up Call

Post by Nixola »

The first time I played it I got hit by one of the first 5 orbs, in the ladder scene, it knocked me down, orbs stopped spawning (I'm on a netbook, but there were nice colored orbs with good performance) and I stopped going up. I mashed my keyboard, after nothing happened for 8 minutes I had to close it and restart, I was able to complete it the second time. It's a wonderful game! Good job!
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics