MeowUI the rebirth of Catui

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
maromaro
Prole

MeowUI the rebirth of Catui

Post by maromaro »

I am one of the few who stopped using Lua and fully switched to Moonscript (Don't ask me why), but still i had to use Lua after all since all the libraries are written with it. So i got bored one day and i decided to rewrite all the libraries i love and give them a what i call "Moon twist" and Catui (https://github.com/wilhantian/catui) is one of those. Allow me to introduce :

MeowUI : https://github.com/Tourahi/MeowUI

The improvements :
- This library has NO external dependencies.
- Has a built-in Chrono class (Timers manager). see Docs.
- Added a Circle Bounding Box.
- Has the same level of extensibility as catui and more since it is based on moonscript class system.
- Lighter than catui.
- A LOT of assertion which improves the readability of the code and helps detect bugs.
- The controls have a unique id which prevent from attaching the same child multiple times.
- Fully documented.

My Objective in the future is to add a dynamic boundingBox where you just define the vertices and perhaps a costume collision callback or just use the default one. Currently you can define it as Box(Rect) or Circle.

So that is it. Please if you feel like creating some cool controls there is an example you can use as a reference. Pull requests ARE VERY WELCOMED :ultrahappy: .
dusoft
Party member

Re: MeowUI the rebirth of Catui

Post by dusoft »

Screenshots pls. Put some on Github. It make sense for UI libraries to provide overview of their elements and overall look. How do I decide on usage otherwise?
maromaro
Prole

Re: MeowUI the rebirth of Catui

Post by maromaro »

dusoft wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:41 pm Screenshots pls. Put some on Github. It make sense for UI libraries to provide overview of their elements and overall look. How do I decide on usage otherwise?
Perhaps i did not make it clear but the goal of this library is to provide the core components that enable you to create your OWN controls. So how will the UI looks that is for you to decide.

But i will add some controls as examples and i will add gifs/screenshots of them.