Prose & Codes

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
CaptainMaelstrom
Party member

Prose & Codes

Post by CaptainMaelstrom »

Hello. This is Carl from Hero Game Co. I'm excited to share the release of our second game, Prose & Codes :awesome:

We're releasing the game for $10 on February 11th, 2022 on Steam and itch.io. However, we also have beta keys for anyone who wants to playtest the full game before then. We also have a demo available. We're revoking the beta keys on launch.

Direct message me for a beta key or download the demo from the Steam page.

Prose & Codes revolves around solving deceptively simple substitution ciphers. Each cipher is an encoded excerpt from a work of classic literature, and solving it unlocks a synopsis plus a direct link to read the full book for free through Gutenberg.org. The game features 7 different genres comprised of 350 ciphers.

The trailer:

Prose & Codes - Steam Page

What some other players have said:
“The hardest part is pulling yourself away once you're on a solving spree”
Sirus Gaming

“A game full of heart and promise”
Keen Gamer

I'm really curious to see what you guys think of Prose & Codes. Feel free to post any feedback here, on itch, on Steam, or via our Anonymous Prose & Codes Feedback Survey!
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.
- Mortimer Adler
Hugues Ross
Citizen

Re: Prose & Codes

Post by Hugues Ross »

Dang, that's a super neat game concept! I haven't tried the demo yet, but going by the trailer it looks to be nicely polished too.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Wow, very fun! I personally prefer Itch over Steam, so here's the Itch link I found: https://herogameco.itch.io/proseandcodes

Nice job!!

EDIT - Small bug. If you're playing the game and go Menu -> Help -> Cipher Help, the help text is all greyed out and very difficult to read. Probably just the wrong font color set for this text.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
herogameco
Prole

Post by herogameco »

milon wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:56 pm Wow, very fun! I personally prefer Itch over Steam, so here's the Itch link I found: https://herogameco.itch.io/proseandcodes

Nice job!!

EDIT - Small bug. If you're playing the game and go Menu -> Help -> Cipher Help, the help text is all greyed out and very difficult to read. Probably just the wrong font color set for this text.
Seeing this very late, but thank you for playing and reporting that!