Deving on PC or Android?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
JayPaul87
Prole

Re: Deving on PC or Android?

Post by JayPaul87 »

Yep that's the zipped folder, I've had this issue before and it had something to do with the version I was using. I guess apparently one of the scripts was outdated, I don't know if that could be the issue?
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

What do you mean by "scripts"? If you mean a library you've included in your project, that shouldn't cause main.lua to not be found. If you mean something that's part of your build process, I guess it's possible, but this hasn't changed ever to my knowledge.

In case this helps, here's the process in pictures:
Folder structure before zipping
Folder structure before zipping
1_structure.png (26.92 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
Folder structure after zipping folder
Folder structure after zipping folder
2_zipped.png (27.1 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
After renaming the .zip to .love
After renaming the .zip to .love
4_renamed.png (27.6 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Seems I can only post 3 pics per post. Here's the 4th pic I wanted to show - the contents of the .zip archive.
.zip archive contents
.zip archive contents
3_archive.png (11.39 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
For you, the process may differ since you're doing this on mobile. For me (Linux desktop PC), the basic process is:
1. Open the folder containing the main.lua file
2. Select everything (or everything I want to include in the build), right-click, Create Archive
3. Create a .zip file
4. Rename .zip to .love
5. Execute the .love

This process can be automated, of course, but you may be experiencing issues with that hence the literal steps. Hope that helps! :)
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

To get the game working on Android do the zip method or paste the contents of the zip into a folder called "lovegame" in internal storage.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:53 pm To get the game working on Android do the zip method or paste the contents of the zip into a folder called "lovegame" in internal storage.
Huh, I never knew about the "lovegame" part. Good to know, thanks!