Löve2d: Android the apk file contains my game.love file.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
İbrahim
Prole

Löve2d: Android the apk file contains my game.love file.

Post by İbrahim »

Hi. I use Löve 11.2. I have created a game.love file and created Android apk file using Löve-Android-Sdl2 (source: https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distributi ... rom_source). When I looked inside of the apk file then I saw that the apk file contains my game.love file in assets folder. Here is image:

Users can know my Lua codes if they access game.love file. Is there a way to compile Löve2d project for Android without game.love (I mean the apk doesn't contain game.love file)? Thanks.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Löve2d: Android the apk file contains my game.love file.

Post by raidho36 »

You can compile source code into bytecode (Lua's equivalent of C++ to machine code compilation) and it'll be impossible to tell what the original source code was. That said, hate to disappoint you but your code is basically worthless to everyone else so there's no point in trying to hide it - nobody cares anyway. Take a cue from other game developers: they don't bother hiding the resources, they're just sitting right there in the game folder. Most of the time some packaging method is used to make the content load faster, formats like .pak and .assets are very common (and are easily unpacked), LOVE's renamed .zip is no different.
zorg
Party member

Re: Löve2d: Android the apk file contains my game.love file.

Post by zorg »

+1 for the list
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85955

Also, Duke Nukem 3D (and more recently, Ion Mai- i mean Fury) uses Ken Silverman's build engine, which also has all assets inside .grp files one can open with minimal effort.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.