Animated Grass

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Souxodentine
Prole

Animated Grass

Post by Souxodentine »

Hello I need help i'm on a litle project and I want to make moved grass who can help me :|
NotARaptor
Citizen

Re: Animated Grass

Post by NotARaptor »

Hi Souxdentine - this board is to 'Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations' - it seems your question would be better suited to the 'Support and Development' board.

Also it's a bit light on detail; some screenshots or mockups of what you want to achieve would probably get a lot more responses. "Moving grass" could be anything from bitmap tile swapping, a shader, a full 3d model with shaders, a vector solution... or anything, really.
Andrewgupta
Prole

Post by Andrewgupta »

Thats what i wanted to know too but not grass. Here i want to make moving tree leaves. Did you posted thread to support and development yet? If yes then let me know url may be that would help me too. mcdvoice aadhar card
Last edited by Andrewgupta on Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

You can use X-axis skewing and Y-axis scaling to simulate grass waving in the wind. Using simple sine-wave to control both of these parameters does the job, although you can come up with something more elaborate to create extra nice looking grass.
yintercept
Citizen

Post by yintercept »

raidho got it, I did the same thing at one point.

Watch some videos of wind blowing to get a better idea of what you want. Having visual references make a world of difference.
Back in the saddle again.