Multiplayer help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
BluBillz
Prole

Multiplayer help

Post by BluBillz »

So I wanted to get started in learning how making a multiplayer game works in love2D.
I looked at the tutorial on the wiki here https://www.love2d.org/wiki/Tutorial:Ne ... g_with_UDP

When I run the server.exe the entire application freezes on start, then crashes.
I tried love2D version 0.7, 0.8, and 0.9 with no difference.

What could be causing this? Is there another tutorial that still works I can look at for learning how to work with multiplayer in love2D?
I~=Spam
Party member

Re: Multiplayer help

Post by I~=Spam »

The application hasn't crashed. It is running. It just isn't doing a love.event.pump. This makes the OS say that the program has crashed because love.event.pump just tells the OS that the application is still running. Add the pump call or just ignore it. ;) Run the client. You will see that it works.
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610
BluBillz
Prole

Re: Multiplayer help

Post by BluBillz »

I~=Spam wrote:The application hasn't crashed. It is running. It just isn't doing a love.event.pump. This makes the OS say that the program has crashed because love.event.pump just tells the OS that the application is still running. Add the pump call or just ignore it. ;) Run the client. You will see that it works.
Thank you! It works perfectly that is all I need :ultrahappy: