Windows 10 and löve (I fell in löve with windows 10 xD)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
jjmafiae
Party member

Windows 10 and löve (I fell in löve with windows 10 xD)

Post by jjmafiae »

So I recently installed the Windows 10 technical preview and it seems like the performance with Löve is the same as it was when I ran windows 8.1, however it seems like there is less stutter and jitter. :3

Besides that Windows 10 also have virtual desktops similar (pretty much the same) to the work space feature on Linux which can be utilized to increase productivity when working. The start button and menu has returned natively so no more 3rd party plug-ins needed to use that.
it looks like shadow copies will be included in the final version as well. metro apps can now be within a standard window which is much nicer before they were locked into some kind of fullscreen mode.

Overall Windows 10 is much nicer to use than Windows 8.1 :ultrahappy:

download windows 10
Foxcraft
Prole

Re: Windows 10 and löve (I fell in löve with windows 10 xD)

Post by Foxcraft »

I actually prefer the start screen and customizing all the tiles up via OblyTile. I'm glad though that Microsoft is giving a choice instead of listening just to one end or the other.

The one thing that gets me is the issues Windows 8+ cause with Linux though, and I don't see that changing. You can dual boot, with some distros taking more work than others, but then an update on the Windows end can wreck it all back to square one. :( Though you can always just install Linux in Legacy mode and just switch between the two OSs by just switching between UEFI or Legacy. Less convenient, but hey.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

I found out shadow copies actually already work, I also encountered a funny bug where flash wouldn't play sound in firefox nightly but a simple restart fixed it.
Muris
Party member

Post by Muris »

jjmafiae wrote:I also encountered a funny bug where flash wouldn't play sound in firefox nightly but a simple restart fixed it.
Actually I think its bug in either Firefox or Flash. Since couple of weeks ago, I have had sounds bugged out a couple of times and I am using windows 7. Restarting firefox has helped on it.
Doctory
Party member

Post by Doctory »

Muris wrote:Actually I think its bug in either Firefox [...]
google chrome master race :)
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

We got news on windows 10 mobile: Android apps
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
rudinesbitt
Prole

Post by rudinesbitt »

I haven't tried windows 10 yet, still on 8.1. It's good to hear that it works good with love. But how is windows 10 in general?