[Beta] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.5]

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: [Alpha] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.2]

Post by Robin »

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Nixola wrote:You shouldn't use _openConsole, as it's a Windows-only function
I'm sorry, but that was the ONLY way I managed to get the console as something optional. I tested other things, but none worked...
You really shouldn't be using _openConsole, but if you really have to, do it like this:

Code: Select all

if love._openConsole then
    love._openConsole()
end
Help us help you: attach a .love.
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

josefnpat wrote:

Code: Select all

Error: main.lua:31: attempt to call field '_openConsole' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	main.lua:31: in function 'load'
	[string "boot.lua"]:394: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:387>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Unfortunately, all I can do for you is suggest that you set the text in "console.txt" to "false" (without quotes). It only works for windows...
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

HugoBDesigner wrote:Unfortunately, all I can do for you is suggest that you set the text in "console.txt" to "false" (without quotes). It only works for windows...
I run everything from a console, so I don't need _openConsole to get a console. _openConsole is a windows hack anyway.
Robin wrote:You really shouldn't be using _openConsole, but if you really have to, do it like this:
Listen to Robin, and add a condition around it.

Speaking of which, shouldn't the function ._openConsole exist on other platforms, even if it doesn't do anything?
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Re: [Alpha] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.3]

Post by HugoBDesigner »

All right, made "_openConsole" only when supported. Also, I just made a GREAT update for it. No REAL file managing yet, but I'm getting really close. I'm trying to add a cool in-game GUI, much like Windows Explorer.

So, update v0.3:
Image ... Image
Original size ..................................................... Original size

Image ... Image
Original size ..................................................... Original size

UPDATED THE MAIN POST.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Re: [Beta] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.4]

Post by HugoBDesigner »

Okay, new update! I'm changing this project to "Beta", because now you can already open some files. No folders yet, sorry.
Anyway, here are the new features:

- Files can be opened (finally!), but only if they are images, text or music;
- Windows can be maximized/restored/closed (not minimized yet because I don't have a "place" to put minimized windows);
- You can zoom in/out images with mouse wheel;
- You can scroll through texts with mouse wheel;
- Added my "Mari0 +Portal" mod in-game recorder and screenshot-taker (recordings are saved in frames, not .gif's);
- You can open a "console" in-game by pressing " ' ".

Well, for now that's what I have. Any suggestion/feedback, positive or not, is welcome!

Oh, and a screenshot GIF!

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to say: I'm using "lume" and "lurker", by rxi, in this version too. Mostly to myself, but I need to give credit anyway :)
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Hmm... It looks like you're not using 0.9.0...
Looks cool still! I hope you'll port it to 0.9.0!
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

davisdude wrote:Hmm... It looks like you're not using 0.9.0...
Looks cool still! I hope you'll port it to 0.9.0!
Thank you! I made it compatible with either 0.8.0 or 0.9.0. In another forum (Stabyourself Forums, which I already talked about), we have games/mods made for 0.9.0 almost as much as we have to 0.8.0. So, I'm trying, in this case, to make it so no one have problems and ask things like "Is it for 0.8.0 or 0.9.0?" every time. I want to make it compatible with both, so it's easier to everyone to use. Also, I'm not too used to 0.9.0 yet (I use 0.8.0 for a VEEERY long time), so I'm still getting accustomed to it.

Also, I have a small question: why isn't the "love.graphics.setDefaultImageFilter" working? I made this:
love.graphics.setDefaultImageFilter = love.graphics.setDefaultImageFilter or love.graphics.setDefaultFilter
This way, it was meant to work in 0.8.0 AND 0.9.0, but it doesn't, in neither of them. Thanks...
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

I'm not sure about your question, but I got an error when trying to run the file system about trying to use `love.filesystem.mkdir`
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Re: [Beta] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.4a]

Post by HugoBDesigner »

davisdude wrote:I'm not sure about your question, but I got an error when trying to run the file system about trying to use `love.filesystem.mkdir`
Completely forgot about it. Fixed.
Fixed the text alignment too.
Also, fixed the blurry icons on files. I finally discovered the "problem": I had to use the "setDefaultImageFilter" BEFORE loading the images. It affects images objects, but I thought it would only affected images being drawn. That's why I had such a hard time figuring it out. Updated the main post :)
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
alesan99
Citizen

Re: [Beta] HugoBDesigner File Manager [v0.4a]

Post by alesan99 »

Well this just got even more amazing!
There's a minor mistake you made that really doesn't affect anything though, if you put your mouse on the edges of the screen when a window is maximized the arrow image changes to make it seem like you can resize the window.
Also how are you going to make folders openable (if you decide to make them openable)?