SDL 2 Detection Trouble

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Carrion Crow
Prole

SDL 2 Detection Trouble

Post by Carrion Crow »

Hi!

I'm installing Love on my Raspberry Pi Raspbian image and I'm having a little trouble.

I have installed SDL but when I go to install Love I get a configure error when running ./configure and that is:

Code: Select all

checking for library containing SDL_Init... no configure: error: Can't LOVE without SDL2
I cloned SDL2 using mercurial and configured, made and made-installed it so I am wondering if there is some sort of environment variable problem which I have overlooked.

If you have any pointers I'd be super grateful.

Thanks,

Ed
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: SDL 2 Detection Trouble

Post by slime »

Maybe it's related to (or the same as) this issue: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issue/7 ... 2-location
And this pull request to fix it, I think: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/pull-re ... m-sdl/diff

Just an FYI, the Raspberry Pi can only do hardware-accelerated graphics via OpenGL ES 2, but LÖVE's code only supports desktop OpenGL right now, not ES. I think the rpi can still do software rendering with desktop GL, at least.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Not that it matters much, but it can also do OpenGL ES 1.
slime wrote:I think the rpi can still do software rendering with desktop GL, at least.
That won't ever change. I'm sure the broadcom guy who could do it has other projects where he already went over the deadline. And I doubt the rest of the world has time to create a library that maps OpenGL to OpenGL ES.
Shallow indentations.
Carrion Crow
Prole

Post by Carrion Crow »

Thanks for the quick replies!

This gets me past the SDL check and then halts me with the same error for the PhysicsFS library (checking for init).

People have got l2d working on the RPi: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 6&p=318167

I am using Raspbian and not Arch. I could re-image my card for Arch and just use pacman to install although I wonder if it is as easy as that poster makes out or if I should stick with what I have got and try to persevere. I am way out of my depth here!
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

There should be a PhysicsFS (dev) package in their repository that has the headers and libraries. You sure you got it installed?

Oh. It's not a question of getting it working, it's about getting hardware acceleration. You don't want to do software rendering on this little ARM (which is what it does if you use the current LÖVE).
Shallow indentations.