Roguelike Floor creator

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Djent
Prole

Roguelike Floor creator

Post by Djent »

Hi guys, this is my first non-trivial program (although I've made some very complex trivial programs), and I'd like to share it with the community.

I've gotten back into my Roguelike game mood and I made this little program to design floors for my own roguelike, at least until I make the floors random.

Select a character to draw with (".", "-", "|", "#", or "+") and left click to draw your floor. Floor size is not customizable, and I do not plan on making it so. Press ENTER and the floor will be saved to a table in a file called mapdata.lua. Make sure you do not have a file already called that in the directory with Map Creator 1.0.0.3.love, and that you either move mapdata.lua or delete it between saving, as it doesn't seem to like to save when the file already exists.

I used Courier Prime for the font, so I guess this program is licensed under whatever license they provide Courier Prime under. http://quoteunquoteapps.com/courierprime/
Attachments
Map Creator 1.0.0.3.love
(40.43 KiB) Downloaded 241 times