Angry Lovers

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
tentus
Inner party member

Angry Lovers

Post by tentus »

Forum regulars, lend me your ears.

There's been talk on and off about cloning Angry Birds in Love, largely as just a proof of concept, since we use Box2D. I'm thinking about taking the project on with the release of 0.8.0, but I would like to get an early start on the art.

After talking with Rude a bit, I think the direction I would like to go in would be to make something that represents the community, pretty directly. My idea is to use circles for the physics of the birds/pigs, and wrap customized versions of our forum avatars to the circles. This would obviously be an opt-in thing, which is the point of this thread.

If you would like to be in this game (tentatively called Angry Lovers), just say so in this thread. If at all possible, post a high-ish resolution version of your avatar and if you have a request for what role you want to play, post that as well. The best possible post would contain a 512x512 image that would wrap well to a circle shape, or a source file that I can work from (a PSD or something), that way I can use hi-res so that we don't get weirdness when the image rotates, scales, or is used in menus.

Obviously, some avatars won't work (mine, for example). Feel free to post artwork that you would prefer instead!
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: Angry Lovers

Post by Taehl »

Sounds good to me. Here's a simple silhouette of my logo in 512x512. Do we get to choose what power our logos have? If so, maybe mine could fire off the four quadrants ninja-star style, or something? I dunno, lol.

Maybe for sake of aesthetics, each logo should be treated with a similar stylization or color scheme?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

I don't know if I really deserve to be there with only 50 posts and never going into IRC but hey, you can always discard me xD My avatar is from a youtube video so it's not really good... I tried to improve the edges a little but I'm no expert at GIMP xD

Original:
llehH.png
llehH.png (131.28 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Enhanced:
1mkB2.png
1mkB2.png (133.24 KiB) Viewed 301 times
I think it would be cool if it exploded with a high note of electric guitar, making a bit of a soundwave area-effect :ultrahappy:
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

If I have a power, make it ice-related.
Attachments
yukyuri.png
yukyuri.png (412.3 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Taehl wrote:Do we get to choose what power our logos have? If so, maybe mine could fire off the four quadrants ninja-star style, or something? I dunno, lol.
Within reason, sure. Perhaps your avatar explodes into four ninja star upon tap?
Taehl wrote:Maybe for sake of aesthetics, each logo should be treated with a similar stylization or color scheme?
I don't think it'll be necessary at this point. I think showing things that are familiar to the community will be more fun, and hopefully lead to a more complete roster. I can work with individuals to rework artwork to match as needed.
Ellohir wrote:I think it would be cool if it exploded with a high note of electric guitar, making a bit of a soundwave area-effect :ultrahappy:
An explosion? I think that's workable, I think I can do that using variable radii in 0.8.0. (Right?)
You wouldn't happen to have a link to that youtube video, so I can get some context, do you?
thelinx wrote:If I have a power, make it ice-related.
Hmm. Maybe the stuff around your impact area freezes and becomes more brittle? How does that sound?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I'll have to look up a high-res version of my avatar. But I want to be the equivalent of a pig.
Because bacon.
GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

My avatar will not work :cry:
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

tentus wrote:You wouldn't happen to have a link to that youtube video, so I can get some context, do you?
It's the final scene / final song from "Kacho Oji", "Hard Rock saves the space". Total spoiler xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOuNCvk ... age#t=128s
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Obviously I would be one of the villains.
Attachments
logo4.zip
(55.19 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Help us help you: attach a .love.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

My avatar is clearly not usable (unless we want lawyers to come for us). And I'm artistically challenged.

So I've made a 2-status mage. More than "made", I think the correct word is "committed".

This would be my character right after being launched.
before
before
gandalf-1.png (50.88 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
And this would be it right after "activating its power".
after
after
gandalf-2.png (53.63 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
If possible, I'd like it to work similarly to the green bird (last one on this list)

I know you said 1 image, but I think this one needs two. If you prefer to use just one, go for it.

Regards, and good luck!
Last edited by bartbes on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix the url
When I write def I mean function.