Plazma

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
vrld
Party member

Re: Plazma

Post by vrld »

tsturzl wrote:DRM free, just don't pirate it or I'll break your legs.
So you chose the Lou copy protection?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

vrld wrote:
tsturzl wrote:DRM free, just don't pirate it or I'll break your legs.
So you chose the Lou copy protection?
more like so Image
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

Some screenshots of progress.

Initial screen:

Shooting Plazma:

More shooting:
Rad3k
Citizen

Post by Rad3k »

At first I had a difficulty dinstinguishing this shooting thing from the surroundings. Cool shooting effect, but looks a bit like it was shooting some liquid nitrogen gun ;)
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Rad3k wrote:At first I had a difficulty dinstinguishing this shooting thing from the surroundings.
Agreed, may I suggest lowering the contrast of the background and adding a highlight around the players? Perhaps even a subtle drop shadow.
Lexsym
Prole

Post by Lexsym »

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, but I think the player is a circle? If so, pretty hard to tell =/. As for the shooting effects, is there a short animation, or something like a fadeout? It would be great to see that but it looks nice too!
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

looks cool. keept it up :)
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

This is recycled art the artist gave me, he's working on art for the project right now. Particles in the particle system are place holders also, so is color as I just chose a color that contrasted the background so I could see what was going on better. Though I agree a drop shadow would look nice, I was thinking about adding shaders from the v8.x engine and the light would be emitted from the cannon particles, would add a cool effect to the game.

I have made alot of updates but I'm not going to actively post screenshots, because I'd end up wasting most of my programming times taking screenshots :p

The game might undergo a name change, not sure what the new name will be yet, but will be shooting for a steampunk theme. I believe its still keeping alot of the same game play features though, not sure yet.