Gravity Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
gtothereal
Prole

Re: Gravity Game

Post by gtothereal »

Controls
return key to start
left/right arrow keys control movement
up/down arrow keys teleport
space jumps
right alt changes gravity
Goal
the goal is simple get to the end of the level (Top right corner) using as few powers as possible
eventually getting all levels under par will give a reward. also time of completion will
probably be put on a high score list. jumping and running are unlimited. teleporting and gravity changing
are counted.
Last edited by gtothereal on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

gtothereal wrote:
Robin wrote:Well, the wiki page tentus linked to says it all. Where do you need help?
The Images Are all animations. Do i need the pictures to be even numbers or the animations sizes.
The entire image needs to be po2, not the individual frames.
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

TechnoCat wrote:
gtothereal wrote:
Robin wrote:Well, the wiki page tentus linked to says it all. Where do you need help?
The Images Are all animations. Do i need the pictures to be even numbers or the animations sizes.
The entire image needs to be po2, not the individual frames.
Thanks i need to read closer next time. i figured it out.
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

I thank you sir for your ability to get me to realize when im being dumb. All things are square. The Thing i need help with the most is separating the map into its own folder then creating a menu any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated. also Any feedback on the game would be great. your opinion is appreciated. Do you hate it, love it, think it should be burned at the stake. the usual.
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

Not to triple post but i was wondering if anyone was able to complete the game at par and it what time. The winner gets bragging rights.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Where is it? Is it the attachment in the first post? Because that doesn't seem to do anything (also, it has a very large window height, it didn't fit in my screen).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

Is anyone else having this problem? I just re submitted the file it runs with my love.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Yeah, you need to press return to start it. Anyway, it's pretty much unusable because of the ralt keybind, which I can't use on my keyboard. That, and the fact that last time I tried there didn't seem to be a finish?
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

bartbes wrote:Yeah, you need to press return to start it. Anyway, it's pretty much unusable because of the ralt keybind, which I can't use on my keyboard. That, and the fact that last time I tried there didn't seem to be a finish?
In this level u dont need to change gravity To get it under par. I can change it to a different key though. I have not added an ending yet like i said im very new. I was hoping to find someone that could help on explaining how to create a start menu.
gtothereal
Prole

Post by gtothereal »

I would like to clarify when i say im new. I mean i had no knowledge on the entire concept of game programming 3 months ago. This game is a combination of observation and trial and error. I apologize if it is sub standard. Im sure i will get better i hope to make many more in the future.