Translating the Wiki

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Dresden
Prole

Translating the Wiki

Post by Dresden »

Hello, I recently noticed that the wiki is sorely lacking translations for most every page. My question is, what are the plans for this? Does anyone else in the community know any other languages? I myself being Canadian know French and although I'm more capable than your average anglophone I'm still sure my French is rather ripe with solecisms. This is why open source is great, if I were to put in my sub-par French and have it still remain understandable, someone else could edit it and make it quite proper see? And so, I would like to encourage all lovers to translate the wiki page of their other known languages, it will only expand the engine and community to have those from faraway join us. Who's with me?

(Will personally be starting this task tomorrow since it's late.)
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: Translating the Wiki

Post by nevon »

I could translate it into Swedish, but it seems kind of unnecessary since every swede on the intrawebz knows English.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Translating the Wiki

Post by Robin »

nevon wrote:I could translate it into Swedish, but it seems kind of unnecessary since every swede on the intrawebz knows English.
Dutch people too (well, the kind of folk who would be interested in LÖVE anyways), but it would still be a good idea to translate the wiki further. (Damn, I really should spend time on that.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.