First löve thing

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Nicosmos
Prole

First löve thing

Post by Nicosmos »

Hi people :)

I have never programmed anything, but I've just discovered löve and it seems just awesomely simple and promising. So I tested just some things and here's the result : http://probablement.net/upload/love/fir ... -test.love (yes, this is just a first crappy test but I was so pleased to succeed in programming something that I wanted to share it, even if there isn't any interest). :awesome:

So I'm going to learn a bit more of löve/lua during the next weeks. My goal isn't to do awesome games or any serious thing, but just to be able to prototype my ideas : I'm really interested in game design and gameplay experiments, and I would like to be able to create rapid prototypes for ideas of interactive things without the need of a capable developer (essential of course to make the possible final project). :)

See you soon, since I'm probably going to ask lots of questions here (though the documentation on the wiki is really great). ;)
Löve,
Nicolas. :D
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: First löve thing

Post by TechnoCat »

good going. however, when i press left and right it still rotates.
theZohnn
Prole

Re: First löve thing

Post by theZohnn »

better than my first love project. it actually could be a cool game, with more levels and maybe enemies. a couple issues though, 1. the background wont load. on crappy computers like mine the image has to be a size that is a power of 2, e.g. 1024x512. 2nd problem is that the text wont load, i noticed that in the main.lua file it is supposed to print something at the end, but is doesnt.

enough with the criticism, good job! :ultraglee:
+1 internet to anyone that helps me! i am a lost little puppy!