Tabletop Assist

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Ensayia
Party member

Tabletop Assist

Post by Ensayia »

Tabletop Assist v0.1 (ALPHA)
Created by Ensayia

I got the idea to create a utility instead of a game with LOVE, and produced this TTRPG assistant program. Currently it's only a proof of concept/die roller program but I would like to implement a number of features in the near future.

Obviously what's seen here is very rough, as I haven't decided on layout and resolution of the final product. Expect far more polish in future releases.

This is my first real program with LOVE, and with Lua for that matter. With the help of a friend I'm learning quickly, and Lua is by far the best, easiest, and most flexible language I've ever attempted to use.

I would like to include a scratchpad/whiteboard, specific calculators (for skill checks and such), and when I learn the file I/O system possibly even a full custom character sheet option.

Feel free to download and try it out, I want all the constructive criticism I can get on both functionality and code optimization/cleanup. All of your input is much appreciated! :awesome:
Attachments
tabletop.love
(140.93 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: Tabletop Assist

Post by Taehl »

I would be that aforementioned friend. I've been attempting to convince him for years to learn Lua (and that GameMaker is crap), and Love was just the ticket for that. I also made those fancy buttons for him. :)
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Tabletop Assist

Post by Robin »

Interesting. I wrote a command line tool to roll dice, which allows for quite complicated dice setups, you might be interested in that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.