Lovely Supertux

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Lovely Supertux

Post by Jasoco »

I'm working on an engine. It's working pretty well but has some bugs. I'll put up a prototype later maybe tomorrow night.
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

Jasoco wrote:I'm working on an engine. It's working pretty well but has some bugs. I'll put up a prototype later maybe tomorrow night.
Cool! ^^
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

It's a tiny bit buggy and is a beginner but it works. I want to do some tweaking and bug chasing before I give anything out yet. Hopefully it'll be a good starter for other people wanting to do side-scrollers without screwing with Box2D.

Weird bugs too. Like registering as hitting the floor when up against a wall even when in air. When you hit the ceiling or floor the player snaps to the floorest 32 pixels. (player.x = math.floor(player.x / 32) * 32) Doesn't seem to work unless the player is 32x32. (Like Small mario sized, but not big mario sized) And the oddest of all, sometimes when hitting the floor, the player bounces back up to the floorest 32 Y and falls again. Usually when he falls too fast the first time.

But I will fix these! I WILL! Or die trying.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:Weird bugs too. Like registering as hitting the floor when up against a wall even when in air. When you hit the ceiling or floor the player snaps to the floorest 32 pixels. (player.x = math.floor(player.x / 32) * 32) Doesn't seem to work unless the player is 32x32. (Like Small mario sized, but not big mario sized) And the oddest of all, sometimes when hitting the floor, the player bounces back up to the floorest 32 Y and falls again. Usually when he falls too fast the first time.
Damn, that shit is weird. (Read with stereotypical African American voice for best effect.)
Jasoco wrote:But I will fix these! I WILL! Or die trying.
Or die crying.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Hahaha... Nah. But yeah. Once those bugs are squashed, the major land physics will be perfect...ish. I'd still have to work on water physics, climbing up scenery like ladders or vines, low gravity... All kinds of stuff that good platformers have.