New Wiki

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
rude
Administrator

New Wiki

Post by rude »

The new, shiny wiki is up and running, replacing the old wiki and the old documentation. (No, I'm not moving over pages from the old wiki automatically. There is way too much unnecessary crap there, like a bad attempt at wikifying the entire documentation).

The old documentation has been automatically imported, of course. It not as good as the old documentation in some respects, but better in others. I finally decided that I don't feel like spending too much time on boring infrastructure (i.e. making documentation generators), so we'll have to make do with existing software.

Finally, I don't claim that the Wiki in its current form is perfect nor complete, but I personally like it so far. I hope you will too. :neko:
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: New Wiki

Post by TechnoCat »

Rearrange the sidebar to have documentation more towards the top.

Should be ordered by importance (left->right and top->bottom). And I find documentation pretty important.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Looks good!

I've already imported MiddleClass and MindState!

3 questions:

- Is there any way to create a "table of contents", like in the old wiki? (In other wikis this is accomplished by writing {{toc}}
- The "Category" links don't seem to work correctly. See http://love2d.org/wiki/TestGame, at the bottom it says "Category: Games" - Games is red. Shouldn't that link be pointing to Games?
- It seems that it takes some time to refresh the Libraries / Games pages.
When I write def I mean function.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Update about the table of contents:

This article says I should be able to write __TOC__ or __FORCETOC__ at the top of the article in order to see a table of contents. I've tried both, also between curlies {__TOC__} but didn't work.
When I write def I mean function.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

First: yay!
kikito wrote:- Is there any way to create a "table of contents", like in the old wiki? (In other wikis this is accomplished by writing {{toc}}
Under the hood still lies Mediawiki, the same engine that powers the old wiki and Wikipedia.
kikito wrote:- The "Category" links don't seem to work correctly. See http://love2d.org/wiki/TestGame, at the bottom it says "Category: Games" - Games is red. Shouldn't that link be pointing to Games?
Categories are special pages, so the page Category:Games has nothing to do with the page Games.

Lastly: is it not possible to get an umlaut in the title of the wiki pages? I miss them. ;)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

kikito wrote: - Is there any way to create a "table of contents", like in the old wiki? (In other wikis this is accomplished by writing {{toc}}
- The "Category" links don't seem to work correctly. See http://love2d.org/wiki/TestGame, at the bottom it says "Category: Games" - Games is red. Shouldn't that link be pointing to Games?
- It seems that it takes some time to refresh the Libraries / Games pages.
  • There seems to be no way of disabling the TOC by default, so I disabled it always. Markup magic will not help you, since it's disabled in the skin.
  • There is a difference between Category:Games and just Games.
  • Yes, but I guess that's not a big problem.
EDIT: Moved documentation portlet closer to the top.
Geti
Party member

Post by Geti »

CUTEST WIKI FOR ANYTHING EVER
nice job on the interface, I'm liking where this is going :)
Virox
Citizen

Post by Virox »

Great wiki :) going to use it alot!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Nice! Could you make the sidebar link text bigger though? It's so tiny on my browser compared to all the other text. It's hard to click the right link. Seems it should be a few points bigger to match the rest of the pages.
Virox
Citizen

Post by Virox »

Somehow the page Pröxima doesn't get automaticly added to the gamelist. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
http://love2d.org/wiki/Pröxima