Download-able .6 Documentation?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Fourex
Citizen

Download-able .6 Documentation?

Post by Fourex »

Does anyone happen to know where to find, if it exists, a download-able version of the .6 documentation manual? All the old versions are available as downloads, so why not the current version? It would be super awesome to be able to look at it when I don't have an internet connection. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Download-able .6 Documentation?

Post by bartbes »

Because there still are updates, making it editable also makes sure the docs won't be the same for long. However, I'm sure there's someone here who can tell you some awesome wget command line to download it.

EDIT (after anjo): Docs of old versions are frozen and published downloadable though.
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

Well, on http://love2d.org/documentation there is a link to download 0.6.0's docs. But as bartbes said, these are frozen in time, unlike the live docs (and also already out of date, thanks to 0.6.1).
Fourex
Citizen

Post by Fourex »

anjo wrote:Well, on http://love2d.org/documentation there is a link to download 0.6.0's docs. But as bartbes said, these are frozen in time, unlike the live docs (and also already out of date, thanks to 0.6.1).
And now, I want .6.1, not .6.0.
I still don't understand why it isn't even available. I check the website everyday, so it's not like I'll make an entire game, then realize it's out of date by a month. When there's a new version, I'll just delete the old one and download the new one. I just think it would be useful...
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Do you really need them though? If you're always online, can't you just go to the site itself instead of a local document? Or do you develop in an internet-free environment?
Fourex
Citizen

Post by Fourex »

Sometimes I work on something when I can't get an internet connection. I usually bring my laptop with me and sometimes I find myself in place with no wireless internet. But I do get online often enough to get a new version the day of or the day after it is released. I'm not saying that everyone should have a local document, I'm just saying that one would be useful. And we should still keep the online one up, of course.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

The problem is that you're asking for a downloadable version of a wiki(-like system), which is problematic in any case.
CyaNox
Prole

Post by CyaNox »

bartbes wrote:The problem is that you're asking for a downloadable version of a wiki(-like system), which is problematic in any case.
If I'm not mistaken then mediawiki already comes with scripts to do exports in various ways. It should not be problematic at all.
Last edited by CyaNox on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It is for me, maybe we should consult our god, rude, what do you have to say?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

bartbes wrote:It is for me, maybe we should consult our god, rude, what do you have to say?
I believe the proper incantation is: "Well, I don't think we'll hear anything from rude in this thread."

Well, I don't think we'll hear anything from rude in this thread.
Help us help you: attach a .love.