Unknown Sign when switching to new line

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
plz_m0ve
Prole

Unknown Sign when switching to new line

Post by plz_m0ve »

Hi,

i got this strange problem. It happends that when i have writed like..

love.load() (just a example) then when i switch line to write more this sign come: CR LF Like totally black. And it happends EVERYTIME i switch line
whick makes my code VERY ugly. I can't delete it, i can't copy it so you guys can see.

i just pushed some weird buttons on my keyboard (we all does sometimes) and the most time, i know what i've done wrong, but this time, im lost.

So if anyone know what key i might pressed or what i can do to fix the problem i'll be very gratefull!

By the way, the code still works so the 'sign' or what it is, doesent seem to be a part of the code, just a ugly thing that exixst...
LÖVE IS IN THE AIR
- OBEY
mickeyjm
Party member

Re: Unknown Sign when switching to new line

Post by mickeyjm »

Could we get a Screenshot of it?

From your description it sounds like you've turned whitespace characters on, which means invisible symbols such as return/newline become visible. Normally there is an option to turn it off in the bar at the top (the one with File, Edit etc, I forget the name)

EDIT: I opened Notepad++ and went to View>Show Symbol>End of line which make the symbols appear,if you are using notepad++ just untick it
Your screen is very zoomed in...
plz_m0ve
Prole

Post by plz_m0ve »

mickeyjm wrote:Could we get a Screenshot of it?

From your description it sounds like you've turned whitespace characters on, which means invisible symbols such as return/newline become visible. Normally there is an option to turn it off in the bar at the top (the one with File, Edit etc, I forget the name)

EDIT: I opened Notepad++ and went to View>Show Symbol>End of line which make the symbols appear,if you are using notepad++ just untick it

Wow, that helped alot! Thanks!

About screenshot.. I forgot that, i'll remember next time. :)!
LÖVE IS IN THE AIR
- OBEY
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Now an alot is happy! ^^
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread