Request: Love Logos.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
rude
Administrator

Re: Request: Love Logos.

Post by rude »

http://love2d.org/logos

I've provided the main logo and the two shiny ones in SVG and various PNG sizes. The PNGs are white/transparent which will make it easy to color them yourself (in LÖVE), but this also makes them invisible in a normal browser.

And yes qubodub, there's proper license information :D. Sorry, no public domain. I like the "don't claim that you made this" clause in ZLIB.

I could make some small banners and stuff too, but I'm not sure about the standard sizes. SourceForge uses 88 x 31, maybe that would be appropriate.

EDIT:
I'd like to know what font is being used for most of this stuff. It'd be nice to have a style guide for stuff. Rude? Mike?
There are no fonts. The glyphs are custom-made. As for the style guide, I'm not sure what you mean.
surtic
Citizen

Post by surtic »

Thanks for that.

By the way, love-logo-axb.png doesn't seem to do much (blank screen on my firefox).

Also, is LÖVE really registered?

From Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark:
The two symbols associated with U.S. trademarks ™ and ® represent the status of a mark and accordingly its level of protection. While ™ can be used with any common law usage of a mark, ® may only be used by the owner of a mark following registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO or PTO) and designates such. The proper manner to display either symbol is immediately following the mark in superscript style.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

surtic wrote:By the way, love-logo-axb.png doesn't seem to do much (blank screen on my firefox).
rude wrote:I've provided the main logo and the two shiny ones in SVG and various PNG sizes. The PNGs are white/transparent which will make it easy to color them by code (in LÖVE), but this also makes them invisible in a normal browser.
surtic wrote:Also, is LÖVE really registered?
Of course not! :D. It was initially added as a joke, and never removed. I'm not in the U.S., so the USPTO can officially screw themselves, but I suppose I could flip the "R" horizontally just to avoid bitching.
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

rude wrote:I could flip the "R" horizontally just to avoid bitching.
I agree it's safer.

And if you don't mind I recommend one more resolution. There isn't anything big enough for printing. I recommend 1275px wide, which should be half of US-Letter width in 300dpi. And do PNG and JPG(white background) version for those big. It's probably useless but who knows :)
rude wrote:I could make some small banners and stuff too, but I'm not sure about the standard sizes. SourceForge uses 88 x 31, maybe that would be appropriate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_banner << Standards
http://banner-sizes.kahi.cz/ << Czech but graphic previews

I vote for 88x31 and 80x15. I löve those cute little bastards :)

Quick fun with generator http://buttonmaker.ezion.cc/
>>I love LÖVE.<<
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Green_Hell wrote:JPG
Don't lower yourself to *that* ;)
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

qubodup wrote:Don't lower yourself to *that* ;)
I do not. I have SVG import to GIMP so I can JPG it for myself but, we should think of other peoples needs.
>>I love LÖVE.<<
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

I want moar resolution. I want my love t-shirt, and I want it now. And I'll make sure there are enough ponies on my t-shirt to choke an elephant. And löve. And ponies. And obey.

Edit: Disregard that, I suck cocks. SVG rocks. Shirt still coming.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Hey, rude, I uploaded the file to Wikipedia but I couldn't choose ZLIB, so now they're going to remove it the 9th if you don't say it's yours or something I dunno
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 56x256.png
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Uuuh, don't ask me how to deal with Wikipedia. :ehem:

I've added a note on the webpage and changed the license to Creative Commons. ZLIB is kind of inappropriate for graphics.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

rude wrote:I've added a note on the webpage and changed the license to Creative Commons. ZLIB is kind of inappropriate for graphics.
:monocle: *drops monocle* :shock:

the license that was used before was a derivate of the zlib, which said something about svg file and images. It was appropriate for gfx. Zlib seems to be appropriate for gfx. I don't really know why, but people stopped minding if you call digital images 'software' if license is the topic. There's a zlib licensed image on wikimedia commons.

You set the logo license on the homepage to cc-by-nc... would you mind setting it back to that zlicense-svg mix thing or use the original zlib license? pleeeeeeze?
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)