Getting Started... On a Mac?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Fourex
Citizen

Getting Started... On a Mac?

Post by Fourex »

As you can probably tell, I am very new to Love. I have looked around the main site, and searched a lot on Google and the forums and have been unable to find anything to help me get started, other than the "Getting Started: Basics" page which is linked in the FAQ on the main site. Unfortunately, this is only for getting started on a PC, not a Mac. (which I have) The problem is when I get to the step when I'm supposed to drag the folder I have made onto the Love application. (which just puts the folder next to the app on a Mac) Can anyone post a link to a page that will help? Or post your own explanation? Thanks in advance!
bmelts
Party member

Re: Getting Started... On a Mac?

Post by bmelts »

If you want to drag your folder onto the LÖVE .app on a Mac, hold down Option-Command while you're dragging. When you drag it over the LÖVE app, it should highlight, allowing you to drop it and open it in LÖVE.

The perpetually upcoming Version 0.6.0 will match the behavior on Windows, so you'll be able to drag your folder onto LÖVE without having to hold down anything except the mouse button.
Fourex
Citizen

Re: Getting Started... On a Mac?

Post by Fourex »

Wow, thats simpler that I thought it would be... Thanks!