No Comment

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
zac352
Party member

Re: No Comment

Post by zac352 »

Tabs are better than spaces. End of story. :P
Hello, I am not dead.
Mud
Citizen

Post by Mud »

zac352 wrote:Tabs are better than spaces. End of story. :P
Except for the part where spaces are better than tabs. :crazy:
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

Mud wrote:
zac352 wrote:Tabs are better than spaces. End of story. :P
Except for the part where spaces are better than tabs. :crazy:
:halloween:
Hello, I am not dead.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Tabs are better. I also use 2 character tab spaces to fit more across the page. I also soft-wrap the code so I don't have to scroll horizontally. I hate horizontal scrolling. I like seeing the entire line at once. I also color-code my code. And use white on black because it's easier on my eyes when coding. Same with the Terminal.
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

Jasoco wrote:Tabs are better. I also use 2 character tab spaces to fit more across the page. I also soft-wrap the code so I don't have to scroll horizontally. I hate horizontal scrolling. I like seeing the entire line at once. I also color-code my code. And use white on black because it's easier on my eyes when coding. Same with the Terminal.
I hard line break at the 80th character. :P I keep my tabs on 4.

How do you colour code code?
And I don't do the dark colour scheme thing, hurts meh eyes. :?
Hello, I am not dead.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 2.09.57 AM.PNG
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 2.09.57 AM.PNG (153.42 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
I wrap at page width. I don't get the whole obsession with 80 characters. It's a relic from the DOS days when you needed to hard wrap a text file for it to appear right on screen.
Mud
Citizen

Post by Mud »

Jasoco wrote:Tabs are better.
If you don't care what your code looks like on someone else's machine. I'm too much of a control freak for that. :monocle:
Jasoco wrote:And use white on black because it's easier on my eyes when coding. Same with the Terminal.
Same here, though in recent years I've started lower contrast on my colors a bit and I think it's easier on my eyes.

Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:I wrap at page width. I don't get the whole obsession with 80 characters. It's a relic from the DOS days when you needed to hard wrap a text file for it to appear right on screen.
If you need more than 80 characters on a line while programming, it is usually a sign that "ur doin somefing rong", like writing functions more than a single screen in height (more than 40 lines, although on our Programming course, we are strongly encouraged not to make functions longer than 7 lines). I admit being guilty of both, but I'm trying to better myself.

Also, why did you use a screen shot which didn't show softwrapping? I'm curious about that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I couldn't find a good enough place in my code that looked presentable so I just posted my custom love.run(). I'm anal about presentation. On the outside.

I don't see how I'd ever be able to follow your "7 lines per function" rule. My main project's core is over 5600 lines by itself not counting the maps and scripts and separate third-party libraries. I prefer to just code my way if you don't mind so much.

Mud, I like your colors. I think I might try them out for a little while...
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

No more tabs vs spaces, because I know I am right. (though if I say what I prefer this will all start again)