Doop - 2D Platformer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Squul
Prole

Doop - 2D Platformer

Post by Squul »

Doop is a 2d platformer that I have been absolutely killing myself to get done, problem is I'm not much of a programmer. Anyway, in a nutshell the game is about a kid who is addicted to video games to the point where his (evil fire-breathing) mom bans him from playing. Obviously he finds a way to play his AzuloX300 anyway. After an outrageous loss to a hacker online he yells and screams at the screen until something happens, the room flashes bright white and he wakes up in his video game forcing him to face the consequences of being a hardcore gamer in a hostile environment.

So the overview of it all is that while your trapped in the console various members of your family see the abandoned controller and start to play out of curiousity. Depending on who it is, the levels change so if for example its your older brother it'll be a little shooter as opposed to your little sister where the enemies might be robot unicorns or something haha. Of course it won't be randomized or anything but it would give the intervals more depth to avoid the pat-on-the-back "good for you" feeling.

And by all means if you want to help/take over programming please do so I can continue cranking out graphics. So far I'm only up to the main character animation on the programing end and trudging along painfully.

if interested email info[at]joy-toilet[dot]com

Animation Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZDwxYgpF4