[WIP]Tag League: Laser Duel!

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
IndieKid
Citizen

[WIP]Tag League: Laser Duel!

Post by IndieKid »

Good day!

Currently I'm working on 3 projects, one of which is my game that brings to you a lot of action and shooting. It is about dueling. I'd like to show you it.

As you know, I was searching for a graphic designer. I found a nice one. Soon, here will be more screenshots.
f9oE8Lv.png
f9oE8Lv.png (31.24 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Thank you. ^^
Last edited by IndieKid on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ejmr
Party member

Re: [WIP]Tag League: Laser Duel! [need a graphic designer]

Post by ejmr »

You may find some useful, free art assets in the links collected in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
IndieKid
Citizen

Post by IndieKid »

ejmr wrote:You may find some useful, free art assets in the links collected in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12
Sure, thanks, but there is nothing what I need and I want to have special-for-game created textures.
10$man
Citizen

Post by 10$man »

It is common for graphics artists to want to see some proof of concept before deciding to help. Even if it looks awful, you may want to post some screenshots or a video of your game.
IndieKid
Citizen

Post by IndieKid »

10$man wrote:It is common for graphics artists to want to see some proof of concept before deciding to help. Even if it looks awful, you may want to post some screenshots or a video of your game.
Sure, I understand that. Screenshots are coming. I've added one to head.
ejmr
Party member

Post by ejmr »

IndieKid wrote:Sure, thanks, but there is nothing what I need and I want to have special-for-game created textures.
The image you posted per 10$man’s good advice is a nice start. However—and please don’t misinterpret me as trying to sound rude—you provide little incentive for a graphic designer to help you. I believe you would have a much better chance of getting help for your game if you posted a lot of details about your game, because then a designer could better decide whether or not he/she has any interest in the project. Your current description is that the game is about ‘action and shooting’ and ‘dueling’. I feel like that is too generic and uninformative to get people excited about your project. So my suggestion would be to share more details about your idea to grab people’s attention and entice a designer to help you out.

And again, I am not trying to talk down to you or anything. I realize my post sounds blunt, but I am only trying to give you some honest advice. I certainly wish you the best of luck with your game. :)
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
IndieKid
Citizen

Post by IndieKid »

ejmr wrote:
IndieKid wrote:Sure, thanks, but there is nothing what I need and I want to have special-for-game created textures.
The image you posted per 10$man’s good advice is a nice start. However—and please don’t misinterpret me as trying to sound rude—you provide little incentive for a graphic designer to help you. I believe you would have a much better chance of getting help for your game if you posted a lot of details about your game, because then a designer could better decide whether or not he/she has any interest in the project. Your current description is that the game is about ‘action and shooting’ and ‘dueling’. I feel like that is too generic and uninformative to get people excited about your project. So my suggestion would be to share more details about your idea to grab people’s attention and entice a designer to help you out.

And again, I am not trying to talk down to you or anything. I realize my post sounds blunt, but I am only trying to give you some honest advice. I certainly wish you the best of luck with your game. :)
I've already got several graphic designers. Thanks for advise.
Ubermann
Party member

Post by Ubermann »

IndieKid wrote: I've already got several graphic designers. Thanks for advise.

Or let me know what kind of texture you need I will try my best for creating a good one.
IndieKid
Citizen

Post by IndieKid »

Ubermann wrote:
IndieKid wrote: I've already got several graphic designers. Thanks for advise.

Or let me know what kind of texture you need I will try my best for creating a good one.
Thanks!