LOVE rendering issue

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Refpeuk
Citizen

LOVE rendering issue

Post by Refpeuk »

Hey Guys,

I've got a problem with the LOVE platform that's been cropping up lately - a weird distortion on everything it renders, even error screens and the default "piggy" screen. I've attached a couple screenshots.
s2wwE.png
s2wwE.png (109.05 KiB) Viewed 183 times
GNi3f.png
GNi3f.png (242.87 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Re-installing my graphics drivers works for a little bit (less than a day) and then it goes right back to this. I did a few searches but didn't find anything like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My computer is an AMD A8 with a AMD Radeon HD 6700M.

Thanks!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . .
Refpeuk
Citizen

Re: LOVE rendering issue

Post by Refpeuk »

OK, I just discovered something very interesting. If I set LOVE to "power saver" in the switchable graphics panel in CCC, it works just fine. In high performance (dedicated video card) it has this issue. Has anyone else ever had something like this?
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . .
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Uh. Can you make sure it's not an overheating problem? Or a problem due to an overheating problem that caused permanent damage. Though, I'm not sure if they should look like that... I've never seen such a pattern before.
Shallow indentations.
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

That looks like how 3d graphics were being rendered when my video card burned out (as proposed above). When in software rendering mode it would work fine, but using the video card it would appear that way.