Game: Fruitless

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
juno
Citizen

Re: Game: Fruitless

Post by juno »

vernon wrote:how can you float with the apple?
Hey Vernon..
He can float in water while the others sink..
I'll put up another demo when I finish the kitchen design.
Glad you like it :)
wat ya mean she's in another castle!?
SimonPoole
Prole

Post by SimonPoole »

Only stumbled across Love tonight and picked fruitless as my first game. Love the look of it, really nice graphics. Took a bit to suss it out, but I like the trajectory indicators, though still struggled to progress. Definitely tricky to get anywhere with the pineapple. I tried moving the apple first, then jumping on to it, but then got stuck between the mustard (?) and coffee and just couldn't get high enough. Eventually used all the fruit to knock the pots over and got the pineapple to the toaster, but couldn't suss out how to use it to jump higher - then ran out of time.

Also tried playing with the inverted drag control, but that kept sticking - it would show the trajectory, but wouldn't stop when I released the mouse, so a no-goer.

All in all, a great little game.
rokit boy
Party member

Post by rokit boy »

What is the "stepping stones" bit? How can I solve it?
u wot m8
juno
Citizen

Post by juno »

SimonPoole wrote:Only stumbled across Love tonight and picked fruitless as my first game. Love the look of it, really nice graphics. Took a bit to suss it out, but I like the trajectory indicators, though still struggled to progress. Definitely tricky to get anywhere with the pineapple. I tried moving the apple first, then jumping on to it, but then got stuck between the mustard (?) and coffee and just couldn't get high enough. Eventually used all the fruit to knock the pots over and got the pineapple to the toaster, but couldn't suss out how to use it to jump higher - then ran out of time.

Also tried playing with the inverted drag control, but that kept sticking - it would show the trajectory, but wouldn't stop when I released the mouse, so a no-goer.

All in all, a great little game.
Thanks for the feedback Simon...Interesting method of getting Pineapple to the toaster. Everyone who tries the game gets really frustrated on that bit which is unfortunate. Since I've been working on the game so long I don't realize how difficult it is for other people to control the characters.

I'm not seeing the bug with the inverted drag control on my laptop but I'll keep an eye out for it.
juno
Citizen

Post by juno »

rokit boy wrote:What is the "stepping stones" bit? How can I solve it?
Use Pineapple as a stepping stone..He can hop along the hot plates without dying but you need to get him over the coffee machine first. Good luck!
juno
Citizen

Post by juno »

Hey guys.

Here's the latest Fruitless(0.2.0)

I've come to realize that the kitchen level is too difficult to start with..
So what I've done is created an easier level before it. The idea being to get the player gets used to the characters before jumping in the deep end too quick.

Save Watermelon from being eaten...You have to get across the barbecue and reach Watermelon within 1 minute.

I will create a few more of these small levels so that all of the fruit can be used to their fullest potential.

I've also developed the other fruit but they're pretty redundant at the moment. Be careful with Kiwi...

Let me know what you think :)
Banoticus
Citizen

Post by Banoticus »

I am here to report a bug. It won't start - it says setMeter is wrong. Can you fix it please as i would really like to play.
juno
Citizen

Post by juno »

Banoticus wrote:I am here to report a bug. It won't start - it says setMeter is wrong. Can you fix it please as i would really like to play.
Hmm that's weird...Are you using Love 0.8.0? The setMeter function is only supported this release.
Banoticus
Citizen

Post by Banoticus »

juno wrote:
Banoticus wrote:I am here to report a bug. It won't start - it says setMeter is wrong. Can you fix it please as i would really like to play.
Hmm that's weird...Are you using Love 0.8.0? The setMeter function is only supported this release.
Yep.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Banoticus wrote:
juno wrote:
Yep.
The coincidence with error that gives if is open with 0.7.2 is huge. Careful because your default LOVE could have be changed and you didn't noticed.

If the error is the same or close as this one (osx version), you could have something wrong in default opening LOVE.

Code: Select all

Error: [string "main.lua"]:62: attempt to call field 'setMeter' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "main.lua"]:62: in function 'load'
[string "boot.lua"]:1: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:1>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
So, please recheck your "about dialog" box when your error appear. Another good thing (if you want to help juno to more quickly solve the problem) would be take quickly a screenshot with the error.