Need a hand?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Skofo
Party member

Re: Need a hand?

Post by Skofo »

There are buff geeks too, FYI.
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

But the real question is: Who is allowed to help?
*hoping*
Skofo
Party member

Post by Skofo »

bartbes wrote:But the real question is: Who is allowed to help?
*hoping*
I'm guessing anyone can make commits to the repository, and rude/mike decide if it should be done or something (not too experienced with Subversion).
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I always understood you need to have special rights to write to a SVN (or any other version control system)
Bernard
Prole

Post by Bernard »

Sardtok wrote: And Bernard, shouldn't you look more geeky? Not so buff? We've all seen what you really look like, back in '93 when you starred in Day of the Tentacle (or for those who were old enough to be playing adventure games (and I mean the kind of adventure games that Sierra and LucasArts used to make) in '87, Maniac Mansion).
:nyu: I was five in '93. Didn't exist in '87.

I am a huge geek, and I'm not buff. But I'm not weedy. I'm tall, fairly slim and broad shouldered (why am I telling you this? :P). Not up to HWG's standards, or even an average footy player. But err, that's horribly off topic. (And DotT? That's cruel man, cruel!)

Regarding the subversion/commit thing. I just want to submit svn diff's against the repository. No open source project hands out commit access to anyone who asks (nor should they). I just want to know how to go about it. For example, who should I send patches to? Do you guys have a mailing list?

EDIT: Getting my machine set-up. What do I want from subversion? Just the trunk?
EDITEDIT: Nevermind, I looked at the date modified and grabbed trunk.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

I already warned you, but I guess I'll warn you again :death:. The code in trunk is not stable. A lot of the features present in 0.5.0 have been "broken down" and are (temporarily) not present in /trunk. There. Re-warned.

By the way Bernard, what is it that you want to do? Fix bugs and stuff? See my warning below before you start something massive.

WARNING TO ALL ("you" = any reader):

Also, let me make one thing very clear. You may (of course) make additions to the engine, but I will not just include everything thrown my way. Don't get mad if I don't include a certain feature (or module) in the core API, in fact; don't expect me to.
Bernard
Prole

Post by Bernard »

rude wrote:I already warned you, but I guess I'll warn you again :death:. The code in trunk is not stable. A lot of the features present in 0.5.0 have been "broken down" and are (temporarily) not present in /trunk. There. Re-warned.
I know. I can still track it. :nyu:
By the way Bernard, what is it that you want to do? Fix bugs and stuff? See my warning below before you start something massive.
I'm not familiar with the code-base, so bug fixing is what I intended to do.

WARNING TO ALL ("you" = any reader):

Also, let me make one thing very clear. You may (of course) make additions to the engine, but I will not just include everything thrown my way. Don't get mad if I don't include a certain feature (or module) in the core API, in fact; don't expect me to.
This is very standard open source stuff. No one takes kindly to huge undiscussed patch-sets.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Well ... alrighty then. :nyu:
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

Bernard, don't feel insulted. I've just been playing DotT on my Wii lately, and I love that game, especially the graphics (although aged). So when I saw the name, I instantly thought of Bernard.
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
Bernard
Prole

Post by Bernard »

Sardtok wrote:Bernard, don't feel insulted.
Me *sniff*? I-I-I-I*sniff*'m not insul-insul-insul :cry:
I've just been playing DotT on my Wii lately, and I love that game, especially the graphics (although aged). So when I saw the name, I instantly thought of Bernard.
Wait, his name IS Bernard? Well that makes more sense, I guess :P. I have played bits and pieces of DotT before. How did I miss that?