Lovelash

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
a_greed
Prole

Lovelash

Post by a_greed »

I was sooo addicted to MM Clash of Heroes, so I decided to "borrow" some game mechanics). Here is the playable prototype for 2 players (hotseat ^^).
Controls are similar to original CoH: left button - drag unit from top of the column, right - remove unit.
Attachments
lovelash.love
(44.85 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Last edited by a_greed on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffee
Party member

Re: Lovelash

Post by coffee »

The game seems very good looking but I don't know original and I don't have a clue of game mechanics. this is a 2p game?
a_greed
Prole

Post by a_greed »

Yep. Well mechanics is basically "match 3 in row/column". The goal is to reduce opponent health to 0. To do so have to create attack formations. To do so you need:

for core(1x1) units - put 3 of the same color in the column;
for elite(1x2) units - put 2 core units of the same color in the back of elite units;
for champion(2x2) units - put 2x2 of core units of the same color in the back.

After that formation have to charge. Charge time depends on unit (for now: common charge for 2 turns, elite for 4 and champion for 6). When formation is charged it attacks.

Additional rules:
1)Chain attack
If more than 1 formation of the same color attack opponent in the same time they get chain attack bonus
2)Fusion
If player creates formation in the back of existing one of the same color and type then that formations fuse. The resulting formation get minal of 2 charge time and attack powers are added.

To build a wall to have to put 3+ core units of the same color in the row.

If removing unit cause creation of attack formation of wallbuilding then you dont lose a move (if more than 1 attack formation created/wall built you get additional moves).

Well thats the basics)) I also recommend to play original game it's awesome)
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Ah thank you for explaining the rules. I was a bit sure that would have some "four in line" mechanics but since the warriors look the same in both sides I thought that could be also some side-balancing game for 1p. Well, a pity that don't have some basic IQ so it takes for me a bit of fun but I think till now game is nicely done. Congratatulations. :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

By the way, at some point I had 0 turns left after clicking on the timer, but it didn't check for that, so it got to -1, -2, -3, etc. The net effect was that one player had infinite turns for placing units and the game couldn't progress any further.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
a_greed
Prole

Post by a_greed »

I haven't made end game/win/lose screen so if one of the player dies the game just enter endless loop)