Offline reference or documention?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BorrowedTime
Prole

Offline reference or documention?

Post by BorrowedTime »

Hello, i'm new here. I am also new to game development. I intend to create an epic 10 part MMO rpg hybrid art game using LÖVE. It will be the best game ever. I am sure you will enjoy it when I get around to releasing it by the deadline next month.

However, first I have a selfish request which I am ashamed to use my first post for. I apologise in advance!

The documentation on the wiki is very useful and I have been consulting it regularly. Unfortunately, I do not have internet access on the machine I usually work on and was wondering if there was an offline referece for the modules and functions that the love module contains. It would be extremely useful as a quick reference and would be more convenient than downloading the individual wiki pages.

If something like this exists already (possibly even contained within the LÖVE package!), please take pity on my foolishness and point it out for me.

Is there a demand for something like this, or am I just stupidly looking in the wrong place?

Also, I would like to compliment the colour scheme of the site and forums, as it seems to encourage a calm and peaceful frame of mind.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: Offline reference or documention?

Post by TechnoCat »

Your ambition might need a reality check, but here is your requested item: http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1796
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Interestingly enough it's stickied on this very forum.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Hello and welcome!
BorrowedTime wrote:I am also new to game development. I intend to create an epic 10 part MMO rpg hybrid art game using LÖVE. It will be the best game ever. I am sure you will enjoy it when I get around to releasing it by the deadline next month.
Oh no... I'll tell you up front: that's humanly impossible. If you wanted to build what you say, it would take years (I'm thinking of numbers like 6-15 if you're on your own), and that's with maybe three or more years experience backing you already. Don't want to discourage you, but you will be disappointed if you attempt such a feat.

As many will tell you around here, start simple.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Guys, he is being sarcastic. :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

nevon wrote:Guys, he is being sarcastic. :P
Good, I thought I was the only one who saw that. :P
Help us help you: attach a .love.
BorrowedTime
Prole

Post by BorrowedTime »

How embarrasing! I can't believe I did not see the very obvious stickied topic... I am sure a search for "offline documentation" returned no results. Perhaps I spelt documentation as documintaton. Either way I will shortly slap myelf in the head.

But thank you very much for pointing this out to me anyway!

Also, I apologise for my sarcastic remark! In case anyone is incredulous/worried about my unrealistic ambition, I did not actually intend to make such a game.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Lol, I was fooled! :D But it's honestly hard to tell, you can get people as clueless as that sometimes.