Windows!

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Mr. Strange
Party member

Windows!

Post by Mr. Strange »

I believe I asked about this early on, but it's coming up again...

I would really like to have the option to let users drag my application windows to be whatever size/shape they prefer. I'd also like to spawn a couple of independent windows. What's the official word on how well these concepts fit into love's grand vision?

--Mr. Strange
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Windows!

Post by qubodup »

If I am not mistaken, it is impossible to do platform-independant windowing. And even if it is possible, the avantgarde-windowmanager (ratpoison, awesome...) users will most likely curse you. ;)

Allowing to change the window size would be nice. Especially because some window managers ignore whether or not they are allowed to do it (thankfuly).

Multi-window. Hm. Multiple LOVE instances? Would that be a good solution?
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
u9_
Citizen

Re: Windows!

Post by u9_ »

LOVE uses SDL, which is (currently) only able to open one window at a time. I think you are out of luck until SDL is updated. Resizing should be possible though, but there probably needs to be a window-resize-callback function aswell so i guess it requires quite a few changes to LOVE :)