LOVE Cheat Sheet (1.0)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: LOVE Cheat Sheet

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Thanks a lot. :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Looks great!

I'd suggest giving more prominence to enums, since that's what people tend to forget, even when they already know the functions they need by heart.

Good that you give the arguments for the event callbacks. Why did you leave them out for the main callbacks? Also, it might be useful to say something about the return value of love.quit() -- if true, the quitting is cancelled. Useful if you want the player to give in-game confirmation before quitting.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
BarnD
Prole

Post by BarnD »

Awesome! probably going to be using it a bit. :)
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Robin wrote:Looks great!

I'd suggest giving more prominence to enums, since that's what people tend to forget, even when they already know the functions they need by heart.

Good that you give the arguments for the event callbacks. Why did you leave them out for the main callbacks? Also, it might be useful to say something about the return value of love.quit() -- if true, the quitting is cancelled. Useful if you want the player to give in-game confirmation before quitting.
Thanks! Hmmmm, ok. It might be a bit hard now, the first page is done, and adjusting it could be tough... but we'll see. That's funny though, I seem to remember the enums I need very well, but it's the function arguments that need to look the wiki up for.

About the callbacks, those were the first thing I did on the cheat sheet, and I had a different style in mind then. Those will be changed.
Alexintosh
Prole

Post by Alexintosh »

That's very cool, I'm sure will be so useful in these days for me .

Thank you for sharing :D
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

It a very good initiative!

If I may, I'd suggest putting the original file + the generated pdf on github, so anyone who wants to tweak/enhance the spreadsheet can do so. Also, sending you changes would be easier.
When I write def I mean function.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Could it be useful to include default values?
Like you have draw(drawable, x, y, r, sx, sy, ox, oy), but most of the time i'm using
draw(drawable, x, y) because all of the other values have default values.
draw(drawable, x, y, r=0, sx=1, sy=sx, ox=0, oy=0)
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Thanks guys!
kikito wrote:It a very good initiative!

If I may, I'd suggest putting the original file + the generated pdf on github, so anyone who wants to tweak/enhance the spreadsheet can do so. Also, sending you changes would be easier.
Will do. Although, unfortunately it's in .pages format, so you'll need a Mac with pages to edit it.
TechnoCat wrote:Could it be useful to include default values?
Like you have draw(drawable, x, y, r, sx, sy, ox, oy), but most of the time i'm using
draw(drawable, x, y) because all of the other values have default values.
draw(drawable, x, y, r=0, sx=1, sy=sx, ox=0, oy=0)
Indeed, it would be useful. The question is space. I guess some things could go more than one line... but now that'd stuff up my layout. I'll give it a try.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

BlackBulletIV wrote: Indeed, it would be useful. The question is space. I guess some things could go more than one line... but now that'd stuff up my layout. I'll give it a try.
You could do it using a visual cue rather than typing in the default values. For example, making the arguments bold/oblique to show that they are optional.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Well, that's better than nothing. It doesn't give their defaults, but it does tell they're optional. Thanks for that.

By the way guys, here's the repo: https://github.com/BlackBulletIV/LOVE-cheatsheet . So please, anyone on a Mac, fork it, and help out!