[SOLVED] Have some troubles with Animation again

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Todespreis
Prole

Re: Have some troubles with Animation again

Post by Todespreis »

Thank you very much for the detailed answer! I have actually no idea, what the config file does. I'm using the compiled love2d version from Sience for his Wiz handheld. And my version is'nt even running on Wiz, but on an older handheld called GP2X. That version was ported by Farox. He said, that runtime is working, as far as he tested it, but he has no idea, why it is so slow. My handheld has a 2D graphics accelerator, but i'm not sure if it is working correctly. As far, as i know, the version, that i'm using, is love 0.7. I know, i should maybe learn how to code on a PC. But there are so many options to use - like why should'nt i use unity, gamemaker or godot? My handheld is limited in it's possibilities and there is a port of love2d, so i tried that. The other option would be to code for it in C. I have a really poor knowledge of C coding and there is not a such big community, who i can call for help.

Yeah, the buttons are the direction buttons on my handheld. Your improvements are working well, but it's slow as a snail. I thought, it would be at least possible to make a turn based game, where processor has all the time to calculate things and where are'nt too many things going on on the screen at the same time. I thought, maybe i can handle all the stuff with something like a coroutine or maybe stack or at least with including directly pre-compiled c-code for my handheld. But now i doubt, that this will ever be working. There is no sound, no music, no map scrolling, no collision detecting, no enemies, no item interaction or any kind of combat yet and i'm getting like 15 fps.

I move the character with fixed 4 pixels, just because it lookes smooth enough on my device. I did'nt think about anything else there :ultraglee:
knorke
Party member

Re: [SOLVED] Have some troubles with Animation again

Post by knorke »

Interesting handheld. I have never heard of it and have only ever used Löve on PC.
Maybe ask the creators of those ports what kind of performance is normal?

Your game code could be made more efficient with use of Spritebatches: https://love2d.org/wiki/SpriteBatch
+ https://love2d.org/wiki/Tutorial:Effici ... _Scrolling
That might have a big potential for more fps - if the graphics accelerator even supports Spritebatches.