Global environment browser

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
FreeTom
Prole

Global environment browser

Post by FreeTom »

Possibly not much use to a lot of people but I found myself wanting to interrogate LÖVE to see all the modules and variables and ended up making this little browser. Click on the name of any table to drill down.

"But," I hear you ask, "if I wanted to know that stuff, why wouldn't I just read the wiki?"

Um...
Attachments
geb.love
(976 Bytes) Downloaded 20 times
darkfrei
Party member

Re: Global environment browser

Post by darkfrei »

Nice!
Attachments
Screenshot_20240412-145102.png
Screenshot_20240412-145102.png (194.5 KiB) Viewed 833 times
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
FreeTom
Prole

Post by FreeTom »

Oof, I didn't even think about people using it on mobile. Glad to see you like it even though half of it is off the screen.
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

FreeTom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:06 pm Possibly not much use to a lot of people but I found myself wanting to interrogate LÖVE to see all the modules and variables and ended up making this little browser. Click on the name of any table to drill down.

"But," I hear you ask, "if I wanted to know that stuff, why wouldn't I just read the wiki?"

Um...
Interesting. I rarely need to debug in this details (or rather zoomed out), but maybe somebody will have use for that.

This functions is pretty useful for debugging environment while running a program:
debug.debug()

I don't think it's well known.