In the Heavens - Demo 0.1.12

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Bobble68
Party member

In the Heavens - Demo 0.1.11

Post by Bobble68 »

I'm finally back with another game update! Here's what's new:

StartMenu.png
StartMenu.png (285.16 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
  • New fancy pants lighting system! I'm hoping to majorly change how the game looks with this new tech, but for now you can enjoy point lights (fireballs are light sources, as well as a 'lamp' in Cordelia's house).
  • Flight how has a maximum speed to prevent you from shooting off - I was hesitant to add this at first, however the people who tested it so far all seem to like it.
  • Reduced turn speed penalty when flying at high speeds
  • Added a new main menu (still work in progress)
  • In the attribute editor, attributes with long names are now squashed to fit onto the screen.
  • Switched to using defferred rendering in order for more fancy effects down the line.
  • Flight assist - press P to turn on flight assist - for those who have trouble flying, this mode helps you avoid crashing into objects, however it does somewhat wrestle control away from you.
Light.png
Light.png (238.68 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
Let me know what you think of the changes!
Attachments
In the Heavens 0-1-11.love
(32.34 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
Dragon
glitchapp
Party member

Re: In the Heavens - Demo 0.1.11

Post by glitchapp »

I like how is improving. Beautiful music, I like the zoom effect when it starts flying and is fast but it feels right when flying. I think the game would be more enjoyable with thumbstick support but maybe I say that because I'm used to play with controller.
Bobble68
Party member

Post by Bobble68 »

glitchapp wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:07 pm I like how is improving. Beautiful music, I like the zoom effect when it starts flying and is fast but it feels right when flying. I think the game would be more enjoyable with thumbstick support but maybe I say that because I'm used to play with controller.
Ah thanks! The music isn't my own (I am considering learning to make my own though), it's from https://www.fesliyanstudios.com, it's my favourite place to get royalty free music from.

I did experiment with controller support a while back, which I do plan on finishing in the future, so it should eventually be a thing.
Dragon
zingo
Prole

Post by zingo »

The new lighting looks spectacular, and the music is fantastic :ultraglee: (thanks for the link...now I'll probably have a few hundred/thousand more songs to select from for my own project :? ). I really like the sort of "retro pixel art+modern effects" thing you have going on, and flying around is a lot of fun. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more updates in the future :megagrin:
Bobble68
Party member

In the Heavens - Demo 0.1.12

Post by Bobble68 »

Hello! I'm back with another update, though this might be the last one for a while till I finish my assignments.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (180.49 KiB) Viewed 431 times
  • New ambient lighting and shadows - caves are now dark!
  • Partial controller support - the game should now work properly with controllers and show prompts for x-box controllers.
  • New squeeze mechanic - slide through small spaces by getting your scales wet![
  • Direction Stones now start generating particles during dialogue/list]

Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png (699.64 KiB) Viewed 431 times
    I'm starting to wind up for developing the rest of the game in earnest now, so you'll probably see more new mechanics in the next updates!​
Attachments
In the Heavens 0-1-12.love
(32.41 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
Dragon