How to use a LuaRocks project with a LÖVE one?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ohthepain
Prole

Re: How to use a LuaRocks project with a LÖVE one?

Post by ohthepain »

I just realised that I necroposted, sorry.

I am still struggling with how to use external libraries. Can somebody let me know how to install loverocks on macOS? Or give me some other solution for incorporating external libraries into a love project?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

ohthepain wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:35 pm I just realised that I necroposted, sorry.

I am still struggling with how to use external libraries. Can somebody let me know how to install loverocks on macOS? Or give me some other solution for incorporating external libraries into a love project?
Most people are deathly allergic to anything luarocks, so we just download the library, and put it in a library folder in our project manually.
No need to overcomplicate things. And any decent library will support relative paths if they are made up of multiple files, so fitting them in your project is usually not a problem.

By the way, löve uses luaJIT, so that'd be lua version 5.1 mostly, not 5.4.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
kikonen
Prole

Post by kikonen »

I simply used git submodules to insert some external libs. Sue that approach is not everyone but worked for me :)