Krol - A turn based isometric dungeon crawler

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Thierry
Prole

Re: Krol - A turn based isometric dungeon crawler

Post by Thierry »

Hi SugarRayLua,

Thanks for your tests. I may introduce an option to disable custom cursors when the game is almost finished, but anyway at this point I don't plan to release an iOS version because if I'm not wrong, I would have to pay a yearly Apple developer account subscription for that.

Yes you're right, the game is clearly influenced by the first Diablo, which I consider to be the best of its kind.

By the way, I realize I didn't disable the messy debug stuff in the .love file I posted. If you want to get rid of it you can edit the file helper/helper.lua an set helper.mode to "prod" on line 5.
SugarRayLua
Citizen

Post by SugarRayLua »

Thanks, @Thierry.

I agree with you 100% on the first Diablo (I remember playing it for hours when it first came out).

Thanks for considering the iOS version; if you don't end up doing he iOS version, perhaps you could just release a .love version where the user can disable the custom cursors. That way other iPad users could decide to put the iOS version of Love2D on their iPads (like I've done) and play the .love version rather than a specific iOS Apple App Store build. :-)
Thierry
Prole

Post by Thierry »

Hi everyone,

I just published a new version of the game on itch.io. The Löve file has been updated in the introduction message of this post.

Here is the changelog : https://krol-game.itch.io/krol/devlog/5 ... ing-system

Don't hesitate to let me know about any bugs you might find, as the latest additions to the game seem likely to bring new malfunctions. :?

Next release will include trap enhancement and a new "pickaxe" card allowing to break certain wall parts.

For those of you who are kind enough to take the time to try the game, I was wondering if you'd be interested if I added a code to pass the levels, or do you prefer to test the game in "real" conditions?
SugarRayLua
Citizen

Post by SugarRayLua »

Awesome, progress, @Thierry!

Were you going to build in yet auto-recognition of mobile OS to disable custom cursors so can continue to run on mobile OS?

Also, you like any additional input from outside the Love2D community? I was thinking of posting notice of what you are doing on the devilutionX off-topic server:

https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX

:-)
Thierry
Prole

Post by Thierry »

[duplicate post]
Last edited by Thierry on Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thierry
Prole

Post by Thierry »

Hi SugarRayLua,

Thank you for your encouragement.

I have just replaced the löve file in the first post with a quick attempt to disable custom cursors when

Code: Select all

love.system.getOS() == 'iOS' or love.system.getOS() == 'Android'
Could you tell me if it works ?

I don"t know about devilutionX, is that their Discord server you're talking about ? Anyway I'll be glad about anyone talking about my project anywhere,but I can't promise that I will be able to follow all of the discussions.
Thierry
Prole

Post by Thierry »

Hi there,

I've just released a new version and you can see the changelog here: https://krol-game.itch.io/krol/devlog/5 ... cret-rooms

No huge new features, I've had a slight drop in productivity over the last few months. I've mainly improved the gameplay around traps, with the possibility of activating them by dropping an object on them, of attracting monsters to them (e.g. by whistling... but be careful, they avoid traps they know = near their place of generation). I've also introduced a "pickaxe" card that allows you to destroy certain sections of wall, which is the only way to access certain rooms or cells.

SugarRayLua did you test the attempt to disable cursors on mobile devices ?
SugarRayLua
Citizen

Post by SugarRayLua »

Hi, @Thierry,

I apologize, I thought I was keeping up with your development and see I missed a lot of your posts.

I'll take a look at your new releases in terms of functionality for iOS the next couple of days and get back to you.

To answer your question about DevilutionX, I had posted their general github site.

Here is there discord:

https://discord.com/invite/YQKCAYQ

Have a good week :-)