Good IDE's for ARM64 chromebooks

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
artificialallium
Prole

Good IDE's for ARM64 chromebooks

Post by artificialallium »

I'm relatively new to lua, and linux in general.
I managed to get love working on chromebook natively using the app, a file manager and a basic text editor.
However, it was extremely barebones with no syntax highlighting, no auto completion, no running within the ide, and worst of all...
no tab key (there was a little button you had to click to add a tab.) :o :o :o
After doing some research, it seems the only good option would be sublime but im really not willing to shell out that amount of money right now.
Can any of you help?

On a side note do you think it would be better for me to run love within ChromeOS or Crostini?
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: Good IDE's for ARM64 chromebooks

Post by GVovkiv »

artificialallium wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 pm I'm relatively new to lua, and linux in general.
I managed to get love working on chromebook natively using the app, a file manager and a basic text editor.
However, it was extremely barebones with no syntax highlighting, no auto completion, no running within the ide, and worst of all...
After doing some research, it seems the only good option would be sublime but im really not willing to shell out that amount of money right now.
Can any of you help?

On a side note do you think it would be better for me to run love within ChromeOS or Crostini?
try zerobrane studio, it's nice lua ide, have built-in love2d and vanila lua support
(don't forget check documentation about zerobrane on site)
https://studio.zerobrane.com
artificialallium
Prole

Post by artificialallium »

GVovkiv wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:24 am
artificialallium wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 pm I'm relatively new to lua, and linux in general.
Can any of you help?

try zerobrane studio, it's nice lua ide, have built-in love2d and vanila lua support
(don't forget check documentation about zerobrane on site)
https://studio.zerobrane.com
zerobrane isnt arm64 i think
Nikki
Citizen

Post by Nikki »

I have not got a chromebook, but I am using emacs on a M1 which is arm64 for my love development,
it being emacs it has a bit of a learning curve though.