Why dont we make “mini jams”?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
ZuccaroMateo
Prole

Why dont we make “mini jams”?

Post by ZuccaroMateo »

Hello everyone. I was thinking about something... what about making sporadically “mini jams” private to the love community. Here’s the proposal: the organizators of the jam will decide some meeting time, when we will join a discord server and start programming for about an hour, following a theme. Also, there will be judges, and everyone has to record their process or stream it. Choosen games will be uploaded (The screen record) to some youtube channel, It can be mine. And also all games that took part would be shown. I think this can grow our community! Let me know what you think :D
    4vZEROv
    Party member

Re: Why dont we make “mini jams”?

Post by 4vZEROv »

I don't like it, some people could steal my code and game ideas.
    ZuccaroMateo
    Prole

Post by ZuccaroMateo »

4vZEROv wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:05 pm I don't like it, some people could steal my code and game ideas.
    You literally have a github account with some games. It's an hour of programming, nothing more. It's ok though
    ZuccaroMateo
    Prole

Post by ZuccaroMateo »

4vZEROv wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:05 pm I don't like it, some people could steal my code and game ideas.
    I mean, it's this idea is to make us a closer together comunnity, not to developt amazing revolutianary ideas. You can be a judge if you want.
    RedGuff
    Prole

Post by RedGuff »

I *love* the idea, but 1 hour is not enough for me.
    ZuccaroMateo
    Prole

Post by ZuccaroMateo »

RedGuff wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm I *love* the idea, but 1 hour is not enough for me.
    Okey then, let's do 2 hours. I don't know, I'd like to know people that use love2d too.
    slime
    Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

ZuccaroMateo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:22 am we will join a discord server and start programming for about an hour, following a theme. Also, there will be judges, and everyone has to record their process or stream it.
    Feel free to make use of the Jams channel and/or the streaming channels in the LÖVE Discord server, if you want.
    ZuccaroMateo
    Prole

Post by ZuccaroMateo »

slime wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 pm
    ZuccaroMateo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:22 am we will join a discord server and start programming for about an hour, following a theme. Also, there will be judges, and everyone has to record their process or stream it.
    Feel free to make use of the Jams channel and/or the streaming channels in the LÖVE Discord server, if you want.
    Okay :D. But I don't know how to organize it. I need a little more difussion.
    Btw: are you the love2d creator?
    slime
    Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

I'm not its creator, I'm just one of the people who have contributed to its development. :)
    pgimeno
    Party member

Post by pgimeno »

There have been previous Löve-specific jams, see https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83459 and https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84866 (but it's hard to search for them because of the ridiculous phpBB limit with 3 letter words)