Sokoban Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
icekiller8002
Prole

Sokoban Game

Post by icekiller8002 »

got bored, made sokoban in love2d

controls: wasd or arrow keys to move, r to reset the level

feel free to give me feedback on the source code/game
Attachments
Sokoban.love
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
  love.graphics.print("obey")
end
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Sokoban Game

Post by pgimeno »

I've always thought of Sokoban as a good first project :) My wife learned the basics of Löve by making a simple walk-through-the-maze program, then turning it into a Sokoban.

In your version, I miss the rooms. Progress is slow, which makes it a bit boring in the long term. It's not really a challenge, at least in the first levels, and I only solved about a dozen or so. I haven't looked at the code, but if all it does is place blocks/targets at random, it will eventually become unsolvable at some level, and it will be a long while until it becomes challenging. I guess that's why hand-made levels are more attractive.

The colour codes are also confusing. It's not easy to identify the boxes or the player. I found myself trying to push a target several times.
icekiller8002
Prole

Re: Sokoban Game

Post by icekiller8002 »

pgimeno wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:33 pm I've always thought of Sokoban as a good first project :) My wife learned the basics of Löve by making a simple walk-through-the-maze program, then turning it into a Sokoban.

In your version, I miss the rooms. Progress is slow, which makes it a bit boring in the long term. It's not really a challenge, at least in the first levels, and I only solved about a dozen or so. I haven't looked at the code, but if all it does is place blocks/targets at random, it will eventually become unsolvable at some level, and it will be a long while until it becomes challenging. I guess that's why hand-made levels are more attractive.

The colour codes are also confusing. It's not easy to identify the boxes or the player. I found myself trying to push a target several times.
hey, i appreciate the feedback!

this was just a little project that i made while i got bored. i was thinking of making sprites to easily tell the difference between the player, the boxes, and the targets.

as far as level generation, yes, it is random. i was just too lazy to make my own levels lol (and even then, i haven't implemented standard wall collision)

as for unsolvable puzzles, it could possibly generate these kinds of levels. but the maximum number of boxes is 25, so it's pretty unlikely for an unsolvable level to pop up.

again, i appreciate the feedback :)

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
  love.graphics.print("obey")
end