forums vs subreddit

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
churros
Prole

forums vs subreddit

Post by churros »

I'm still getting around here in the forums and I wonder what's its difference from the subreddit?
Are they moderated by the same folks? Is there any specific kind of thread that's preferable here or there?
English is not my first language, apologies in advance. :oops:
zorg
Party member

Re: forums vs subreddit

Post by zorg »

Apparently, from the moderator list on the subreddit, seems like the devs are there too, so i'd guess that's official as well.

I personally never use reddit, and prefer the löve discord server and the forums; the former for more realtime interactions, the latter for permanence and for others to actually find projects or help that gets asked a million times by that many separate users. :3

There's also an IRC channel, although the bridge between that and discord broke a while ago, to my knowledge that hasn't been fixed.

If anything, the takeaway should be that people are fragmented across these 4 options, but your safest bet would probably still be the forums if you want to share things... just post it in the correct subforums please. :P
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.